The time now is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:33 am
View unanswered posts
Pineapple Pie(Oh my!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:39 am
Post subject: Pineapple Pie(Oh my!)

Hello all my freaky freaktastic friends!

Well, with Turkey day fast approaching I thought Iíd post up some spifftastic dessert recipes. Or atleast, thatís what I thought when I originally wrote this. Due to immense laziness though, I failed to post this delectable recipe up sooner. I blame good food. Unfortunately, my clan forbids me to release the super spifftastic Luna Raisin Pear Pie recipe to the public, because itís tenderness would just blow your non-Luna Raven minds. However, I do have some other still yumtastic recipes to share with you wonderful freaky people.

Without further Adieu, the traditional Pineapple Pie(What, did you think I was going to post up a bunch of normal, boring recipes?)

And the scavenger hunt items are:

Pie Crust :
-2 cups all-purpose flour (I always use unbleached, because I'm healthy like that)
-1 teaspoon salt
-2/3 cup shortening
-6 to 7 tablespoons cold water

Pie filling
-3/4 cups sugar(I prefer organic)
-3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
-4 cups fresh pineapple cut into pieces
-1 tabelspoon lemon juice
-1 tablespoon butter(I always use smart balance or earth balance)

Now, the assembly. First, you need to get your pie crust out of the way (unless, of course, you took the easy route and bought a pie-crust. If thatís the case, then youíre a shortcut-taker).
In a mixing bowl combine your flour and salt. Then, cut in your shortening until the pieces are size of small peas (yummy!). Sprinkle two tablespoons of water of the mixture and gently toss with a fork(sporks might work well too, if you have one lying around). Press your mixture to the side of the bowl and add more water until the mixture is moistened. Then, form your dough into a ball(though, I guess a triangle would work just as nicely) and divide it in half. Roll out one half, from center to edge, into a circular shape(unfortunately, unless you have a spifftastic triangular pie pan, triangular dough wouldnít work as well here). Place the rolled dough into your pie pan, and reserve the other half for later (or, to save time you could roll it out now, and then put it aside). Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Onto the delicious pineappley filling!

Stir together your sugar, tapioca, and a dash of salt. In a large bowl(big enough to wear like a hat), combine your pineapple pieces and lemon juice. Add your sugary mixture to your pineapple lemony mixture and let it sit for 15 minutes. Go over you your dough lined pan and fill it with all your pineapple goodness. Dot the mixture with your butter. Now, take your remaining dough and roll it into a circle, from center to edge(if you havenít done so already).Fix your dough to the top of the pie dish, cutting off any residual, hanging dough and fluting the edges(or, pinching the dough with your fingers to secure it to the dish). Cut some slits in the top for ventilation, or use a steam bird if you have one(because theyíre spifftastic)STOP! I know that in a lot of pie recipes, itís traditional to brush the top of the piecrust with an egg mixture. Donít do this, because itís gross. Instead, brush the top of your pie lightly with pineapple juice. Not only is this semolina free (well, I suppose it depends on where you get your pineapples), but it also caters better to the flavor of the pie. Cover edge of pie in foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil; bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until the crust is golden(or black, if you like your pies extra crispy). You should probably cool your pie thoroughly before eating, unless you have a fascination with burning your tongue and or have regenerative abilities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: