The time now is Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 pm
View unanswered posts
Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:17 am
Post subject: Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes

WAIT! Do not turn back just because it says “vegan”. I can assure you, this cupcake is not cardboard with veggies. A little over a month ago, one of my sisters made the change to vegan. My parents, being two avid followers of meatinism(I'm not really sure if there is a meat following. I just wanted to emphasize how much they like meat..and blood O.o) have been unable to grasp the concept of veganism. However, I have made a wonderful discovery. It’s so wonderful, it may just cause you to want to give up meat for one second of your life. Vegan cupcakes, my freaky friends, are the moistest cupcakes I have ever eaten. And believe you me, this LunaRaven has pecked at many a cupcake. So, I thought I might share this intriguing and delicious recipe with you. That way, you can bake them for me when I drop in for a surprise visit and you need to distract me while you contact your local authorities.

And the ingredients are:

1 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract, chocolate extract, or more vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed or regular
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

First off, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin/cupcake pans with liners. Personally, I like festive liners with patterns. They make the cupcakes look more yummy. Then, whisk together your soymilk and vinegar and leave it a few minutes to curdle. Add your sugar and other extracts (I’d try to get the Almond since it makes it extra yummy). Beat all this good stuff together until it’s foamy. In another bowl (preferably a colorful one) add your flour, cocopowder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add your dry yum-yums to your wet batch in twos. Make sure there are no big lumps. Then, fill your liners with your Vegan concoction and bake for about eighteen minutes. It may take more depending on your oven. You can eat them hot if you want, but I’ve always thought that cupcakes are best served chilled. Viola! Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: