The time now is Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:04 am
View unanswered posts
let's talk politics!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Hatter Madigan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:13 am
Post subject:

Hold your pen within a scribbled poem, the age of ideas at an end!
Deception all 'round, honesty not found, the truth is not your friend!!
Trust is surrender, reaction an offender, courage is mistaken fear
Rusty handle for dirty dealers, they can never save you, my dear.

Could blood of war in cup be filled, offered to your youth's lips?
Taste of lies, taste of pain, you allowed your child a sip!!
Now mothers cry, "Oh me oh my, what tragedy has taken shape!"
The pity is there, in a stare, you deserve what help create.

Minxin' are the enemy, black and gray are dire circumstances.
Death cares not for these things, he sings joyfully while he dances.
Should your heart be in war, seeing justice conflict you try.
Just know it to be forever true, revenge is never justified.

If God be yours, preach to me not about his joy, pity, or peace.
You my friend, to no end, allowed yourself to become a beast.
Thru my face, good sir, you see a dirgous grin
You will see the errors of your ways, the only question is asked, is when?

http://view.playlist.com/7950860555/standalone
Warchylde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:46 pm
Post subject:

It seems those who have posted in this thread for the most part are settling on a candidate and not really for *either*.

Please, before you vote, realize you are not required to vote for a Republican or a Democrat. Ultimately until the two party system is broken, we will not see real effective change. There are other choices. Those of you who mentioned Ron Paul, look at who he is endorsing. It is a third party candidate. Your vote counts, even if it doesn't go for the eventual winner.

Peaceful change takes time and perseverance.
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:58 pm
Post subject:

You're talking to an actual card-carrying Libertarian here. ;)

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:47 pm
Post subject:

I wish I could believe that, Warchylde... I've voted in Canada, where there are 4 real parties with actual power. And I've voted in Australia, where there are 2 main parties, and then a couple others that are small, but have sometimes had enough seats to have influence. But here....?? (to clarify, I do actually have triple citizenship, and I am currently living in the US - as of this Tuesday, I will have voted at least once in all 3 countries)

Yes, there are more than 2 parties. But the system is so set against the smaller parties - they have no publicity, no support. A truly significant percentage of the population would have to all be convinced to vote for them (and convinced that they wouldn't be alone, because most people don't want to "waste" their vote). Look at 2000 - it is possible that votes for Nader in Florida lost the election for Gore. I'm sorry, but if that had been me, I would have been ashamed of my vote (although I realize not everyone would feel that way).

I would love to see America move away from the bipartisan system. But although I am sad to say this, and sad that this is what I believe, you can not convince me that a vote for Nader or Ron Paul or one of the others would have any meaning in this election.

Besides, I have realized that I do not actually vote for the candidate I want to run the country. In every election I have voted in thus far, I have voted "against" the candidate I most don't want to win.

This election might actually be the first exception to that rule, because I actually do like Obama a lot, and might well vote for him even if it was a dead heat between 10 candidates. But even were that not the case, I would vote Democrat no matter what, because that is the best way to make the Republicans lose. *shrug*

Maybe this just means I'm highly cynical of politicians, and I honestly would prefer that none of them were running the country, but since that's not an option, I will choose the lesser of the evils.

Jade
Warchylde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:07 pm
Post subject:

I am not a defeatist, I am a fighter. So I will only vote for the people who see what the Democratic and Republican bipartisian party system has done to the only country I am a citizen of and also choose to fight.
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:47 pm
Post subject:

I don’t think Jade was implying that voting for a third party was the move of a defeatist. It is great to be a fighter. Some of us choose to fight within the established system and some choose to fight another way. Neither is more right or wrong than the other.

To go either way does not qualify or disqualify one as a fighter. Each of every one of those who consider themselves fighters are trying to vote what they see as best way to preserve freedoms, rights, and quality of life for themselves as well as their friends, neighbors, families, nation, and in many cases the world itself.

Once again though I must say

Go Obama!
"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: