The time now is Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 am
View unanswered posts
Rock Band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:11 pm
Post subject: Rock Band

Hey do any of you guys have rock band? how about for the Wii? We had a choice 2 days ago between getting Rock Band or Wii Fit. We decided to get Wii Fit and love it btw.

I have to day i do not like Gitar Hero, but Rock Band looks like fun with the drums but even more so from the vocal. So do any of you have this game? Do any of you like totally love it? If you do have the Wii Version is there a song called "Still Alive" or "the Portal Theme"? it was DLC for other systems and i was wondering if it is on the Wii version. i know Rock Band wii doesn't support DLC.

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
GilShalos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 pm
Post subject:

We've got it!!!!!!!!! It's loads of fun - exhausting and hot and sweaty and it demands loads of coordination (*lol* just think of my typing and you'll realise why I struggle on anything but the easy mode).

Unfortunately we have the wired version - xbox. So I can't comment on the Wii side of things.

I love the drums - I've managed to get blisters from the drumsticks *l*. I thought the guitar was a bit easier than drums, but I can't do it long term without making my wrists really ache - which means I don't intend to even try the guitar again. One session of physio for RSI was enough, thanks. (No, not RSI from rock band, just from work a few years ago *L*)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jenn
Travels with the Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:12 pm
Post subject:

We've got it too and love it! We also have the Xbox version

It's probably good that you went with the Wii Fit (which I'd absolutely love to try) because Rock Band 2 is coming out in September I think.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:44 pm
Post subject:

We got Rock Band for the PS2 for Christmas (we managed to find one a week before they actually were released - someone at the store accidentally put some on the shelves) and it's a load of fun. The guitar is easier in RB than in Guitar Hero, and the drums (my preferred) are a lot of fun, and get really tricky on harder levels. Some have said that if you can play drums on RB on Expert, than you should be playing in an actual band. And singing is fun too. My stepson has been working on playing guitar and singing at the same time.

It sucks that we don't have to download capability for PS 2 like there is on the neweer systems, but we haven't had 500-600 dollars to throw at one yet. Someday. Anyway, Jenn's right, just wait for RB2, or the new Gutar Hero set, which will also be a full band - and wiull also feature the ability to write/play/upload your own songs, which sounds time consuming but awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mofox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:08 am
Post subject:

So I got Guitar hero last xmas from my parents (even though I'm in my twenties!!) and it was great fun. the whole family played along and it really made xmas more enjoyable for everyone. Defiantely getting world tour this year. I just want to see my dad on the drums!
Jenn
Travels with the Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:29 pm
Post subject:

So after playing the GH World Tour drums at my sister's house over the Thanksgiving holiday, I'm definitely going to have to buy the new drums for Rock Band. As far as I know, the RB2 drums are padded like the GH drums... and it makes a world of difference! The drums we have now are LOUD... and when you have a kid who hits them hard.... it's amazing if we can hear the song.

I need the padded drums. I might try a quick fix of putting sticky foam rubber on the pads of our current drums.
Mofox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:30 pm
Post subject:

I love this game... it is in my top 10!
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:19 am
Post subject:

I actually prefer the guitar hero drums, the symbols are fantastic! (<-plays expert drums in GH, but got bored with drums in RB =c )
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:32 am
Post subject:

I am rhythmly (I know, I made that word up) challenged. I don't bother with any of the GH, RB games no more out of sheer frustration. I am however a little bit curious about the Dj Hero game. I have several friends that rock the turntables in real life and one of them "Mr. E. Zoot" from "The Highest Priest" is spectacular at it but I just don't know if the game can really catch the creativity possibles that you can from mixing vinyls.

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:45 am
Post subject:

I've seen the DJ Hero game, but I'm just not certain how it would work. Maybe I should youtube it.

As far as GH/RB, Guitar Hero is actually somewhat harder than Rock Band (in my opinion) but it's not just guitars anymore.. It's the full band, too. Plus, imo, GH has better songs.

As far as the vocals go... They aren't hard at all. Fun yes, but you don't have to have the right note, just the right pitch and timing. You can literally speak the song as long as you do it right.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 am
Post subject:

Caryla wrote:
You can literally speak the song as long as you do it right.

You don't even have to speak the words...... a friend of mine gets near perfect scores with a kind of groan/moan/hum thing he does in the back of his throat........ it pitiful and hilarious at the same time.

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 am
Post subject:

geethu wrote:
pink floyd (did i spell that right?)
rolling stones
I don't like that kind of music but my dad does and he likes those two alot (and those r the only 2 i can remember) so hope that helped..
========================
orange fishnet
antigua holidays

Spam, much?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:15 pm
Post subject:

*snicker*
Megaret

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:25 pm
Post subject:

geethu wrote:
pink floyd (did i spell that right?)
rolling stones
I don't like that kind of music but my dad does and he likes those two alot (and those r the only 2 i can remember) so hope that helped..

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090511170227AA93Sjd
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:22 pm
Post subject:

Megaret Rocks!

I don't know if I'm down for DJ hero, but I'll certainly play if someone else makes me, it's a game after all.

you guys we should get a group together online and play guitar hero! (cause I don't have rock band)

dibs on drums!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: