The time now is Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:09 am
View unanswered posts
Systems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaytheredwizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:57 pm
Post subject: Systems?

I was wondering if we could take a little informal poll as to what systems everybody owns/owned. My roommate has a Wii (Super Smash Bros. and Twlight Princess) and I have logged quite a few hours on that so it needs an honorable mention. I am also gonna list my favorite two games all time for said system.

Own

Nintendo: NES (Mario Bros. 3 and The Legend of Zelda)
Super Nintendo: SNES (Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong 2)
Playstation 2 (God of War and Final Fantasy X)
Xbox 360 (Gears of War and Bioshock)
Computer capable of gaming (1995-2006) (Red Alert and Baulders Gate 2:Shadows of Amn)

Handheld

Gameboy (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Paperboy)
Gameboy Color (Pokemon [sadly I did have to catch them all])
Sega Game Gear (Road Rash and Sonic The Hedgehog)
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:50 am
Post subject:

Own

PS3 - NHL 08, Assassin's Creed, GTA4
PS2 - Rogue Galaxy, God of War 2, Final Fantasy XII
PSP - MLB 07 The Show, Burnout Legends, Virtua Tennis 3
Gaming Computer - Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Age of Empires 3

Owned

I haven't played any of these in a long time and I no longer have the games, so I couldn't give any titles.

Sega Genesis
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:25 am
Post subject:

Own

PC: Half-life 2/counterstrike: source/team fortress 2 (big surprise eh)
Wii: Mario Cart wii
PS2: DDR
PS1(play on my PS2): Metal Gear Solid/Parasite Eve/Final fantasy 8

Dunna have any handheld.

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:12 pm
Post subject:

PC: NWN; Descent series (I dunno how many times I've played the original. Join me online so that I may kick your butt.); I just finished Halo today. No, the original.

PS2: God of War (just got II, haven't tapped it yet); countless hours pumped into snowboarding.

SNES: Chrono Trigger (the best RPG of its generation); Star Wars series.

Intellivision: Tron Deadly Discs.

Sega Genesis: Gauntlet

Sega CD: Sonic CD

C64: Azure Bonds & Pool of Radience; Impossible Mission (Stay a while; stay forever!)

Atari 2600: Yar's Revenge; Starmaster

Palm OS: Space War (I still use my Sony Clié I got for free).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:14 am
Post subject:

Holy Crap Xin, we have got to get together some time online! I don't have decent now but decent one and freespace one were totally my favorite games.

And then immpossible mission i spent countless hours trying to figure out how to use puzzle pieces. I loved that game up until 98 when my c 64 died. I've never met anyone else who new it!

and then starmaster! Starmaster!!!!! OMG i freeking loved starmaster and yars was my back up. just the bomb diggity man! i am totally haveing flash backs of trying to dock with bases and avoid circular saw pieces now. did you have the comic book that came with yars?

anyway If at some point i get ahold of decent i think we'll have to meet up

you totally just tossed my corpse down memory lane!

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:33 pm
Post subject:

NES: Final Fantasy, The Legend of zelda, Adventure of Link

SNES: final fantasy IV, Secret of mana, Lufia

N64: Ogre Battle 64

Gamecube: Fire emblem: path of radiance, super smash brothers melee

Wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Sega Saturn: dragon force, albert's Odyssey, Shining: The holy Ark

Sega Dreamcast: skies of arcadia, soul calibur II

Playstation: Arc the Lad: collection, Final Fantasy IX, Lunar silver star & eternal blue

PS2: final fantasy XII, Disgaia I&II, Magna Carta, Suikoken III

PC: Many emulators and Roms, FFXI, Guild Wars

APPLEII: oregon trail, number munchers
jaytheredwizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:27 pm
Post subject:

Rhodric, I can't believe Fire Emblem makes your list for Wii especially with the amount of good games out there. I spent some time on it, and I had to give it up. My roomate was in love with it, and I can kinda see why. It reminds me of an old computer game I used to play, but after an afternoon of play of Fire Emblem I punched through a wall in our apartment. It frustrated me to no end. The computer is no joke in that game and not being able to sacrifice any of your pieces makes for poor play in turn based strategy in my opinion.
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:44 pm
Post subject:

I own:

PS2-Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Kingdom Hearts I, Kingdom Hearts II, like every LOTR game, The Hobbit
Wii- Mario race car...thing. Wii sports never isn't entertaining either. I like to make Miis based of off book characters.
Sega Dreamcast-Shenmue, Crazy Taxi
GBA-Castlevania(I can't seem to recall which one) and some Pokemon game or something. I also own all the LOTR games. Who doesn't want to play a Hobbit? Who doesn't! And let us not forget Phantasy Star.
Nintendo DS-Phoenix Wright, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy III and yet again, some Pokemon game.
PC: I'm more of a computer gamer than anything. My favorite PC games come from spiderwebsoftware(i.e. Blades of Exile, Avernum, Geneforge, Nethergate etc..)

I would like to own:

PS1: Why? So I can finally finish FFVII!
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:29 am
Post subject:

Jay,

First you need to understand how addicted I am to that series. My brother and I were playing through it over christmas break. I was visiting him across the country and we put 80 hours into it, got to the last boss. We found out we could not possibly win b/c we had brought the wrong squad into the last sequence of dungeons. Found a save way back in chapter 2, and played through the whole game again in 3 days and beat it. So like 120 hours of game playing in a couple weeks lol....
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:27 pm
Post subject:

TamAlthor wrote:
Holy Crap Xin, we have got to get together some time online! I don't have decent now but decent one and freespace one were totally my favorite games.

And then immpossible mission i spent countless hours trying to figure out how to use puzzle pieces. I loved that game up until 98 when my c 64 died. I've never met anyone else who new it!

and then starmaster! Starmaster!!!!! OMG i freeking loved starmaster and yars was my back up. just the bomb diggity man! i am totally haveing flash backs of trying to dock with bases and avoid circular saw pieces now. did you have the comic book that came with yars?

anyway If at some point i get ahold of decent i think we'll have to meet up

you totally just tossed my corpse down memory lane!

There's a freeware version of Descent II that's been updated for newer systems. If you look up info on Descent in Wikipedia there's links to get to the projects. I haven't had a chance to get the updated version up and running yet. I'm hopingg to this week, actually.

As to IM for the C64 and Starmaster, look for emulators! Especially for the Atari 2600 - there's literlally hundreds of game ROMs to get, and you can probably torrent your way into a whole package, emu included. Sure, they're still technically copywrightred, but I seriously doubt there's a legal squad hunting down poeple who are downloading copies of Adventure! and Tank. I haven't yet looked for a C64 emu, but I'm sure it exists.

Some online Descnet action sounds sweet. I'll let you know if/when I get the update up and running.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:00 pm
Post subject: systems

Systems I currently own with some of the games I've beaten for them. I am a huge gamer, my favorite type of games are RPGs.

Own
PS2-Suikoden 1-5, (1-2 PS), Culdcept, Final Fantasy X, x-2 (boo), XII, Culdcept, Radiata Stories, Rogue Galaxy, Arc the Lad: End of Darkness, Odin Sphere
PS3-Heavenly Sword, Rachet and Clank, Folklore, WarHawk, Eye of Judgement
Xbox-Halo, Halo 2, Fable, Knights of the old republic 1 &2
Xbox360-Halo 3, Beautiful Katamari, Mass Effect, Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Duty 4, Culdcept Saga, Tales of Vesperia

I've owned a lot of systems, my dad started me gaming when I was 4 and I still remember that stupid dog laughing at me in dog hunter, and staying up late staring at the screen in Zelda. Don't remember the games I had for this systems for the most part.

Owned
Gameboy
Ninetendo
Sega
3DO
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Game Cube
PS

Would like to own:
I'm considering a gaming PC because I hear Spore is unreal and I know it won at E3 for a few years straight. Still debating on the Wii...
Mofox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:10 am
Post subject:

Own

Xbox 360
PS2
Wii

Owned

N64 (how epic was multiplayer goldeneye?!!!)
A Terrible Beauty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:46 am
Post subject:

Own: PS3 (probably the best console I've had in terms of reliability, apart from the Xbox which was built like a tank.)

Owned: Snes, Atari Jaguar, Playstation, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Xbox360.
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:01 pm
Post subject:

I'm pretty nekked right now in terms of Gaming, all I have is:

XBOX 360 (FTW)
Computer
Nintendo DS/Game boy advance
(I have huge gaps to fill =c )

Have had (and need again):
Atari
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis (and 32x)
Sega CD
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Playstation 2
xbox
gamecube

I'm sure I left something out...the best RPGs are definitely on Sega and Nintendo 64/SNES. Definitely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: