The time now is Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:48 am
View unanswered posts
The forbidden name: Warcraft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:46 am
Post subject: The forbidden name: Warcraft

I know from past experiences that Warcraft can, in some forum cases, be a touchy subject-for the reason that people do, inevitably, become quite obsessed, and those around them in unison get very tired of hearing about it. If the latter is the case, then I apologise, but sometimes you just need to have a rant, like I do now. I have, and possibly still am one of these people (the Warcrafter), but am finding it gradually ever-so-slightly disappointing. I do have a fun(ish) time playing, but I find that the realm I chose in the beginning (RP, of course) is becoming diluted with people who have not grasped this concept well. Also, beyond anyone's power is the constant annoyance of spammers offering power leveling and such acts of the devious kind. Therefore, I just wanted to make this thread to talk about their Warcraft experiences if they have had any, and generally what they think of the game.
The watcher of the Northern Lands.
Megaret

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:59 am
Post subject:

Well, I play it, but really barely. I have fun with it when I do pick up occasionally. I'm not in a big guild or anything, in fact the one I am in rarely has people on it. I've got about 2 or 3 friends that play, that I'll chat with if they're on. But I don't do anything with anyone, just like to explore and do the solo quests. I have a main horde character, but I make other characters all the time just to explore the different areas and quests. I guess I pretty much just play it like a regular non-online game but with a chat function. I don't really bother keeping up with what gear is best, or how fast to level or pretty much anything that requires any thought whatsoever *l* It's weird I think to play a game like this that way, but it's how I like it :)

Dunno if you can read the chat text in this picture, but it pretty much sums up how I feel about the game *lol* (I'm Yliah and I have no idea who the other person is- just some random dude who happened to be there).

Chewy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:19 pm
Post subject:

Sorry for bringing up an old topic.

I played WoW for a long time, in substitute of all other games, and was pretty engrosed in it for a long time. I have mixed views on it, because I spent alot of time playing it, and altough for the majority of that time I really enjoyed it, I feel I played too long in the periods that I wasn't enjoying it out of habbit.

That aside, I have many fond memories, from when I fist started it and everyhing was new a fresh, to when I was established and had made many friends on my server (I was heavily into PvP and raiding at one time, and had a bunch of regular friends, so I was never really playing alone). I think thats one of the best things about MMORPG's, aside from the fact that its immersive, is the people you meet while playing. I know some people say that online friends are not like real friends, which is ofcourse true, its not likely (there are exceptions) that you will get to know them on a level that you would someone down the street, but that doesn't mean there is no room for such friends.

Some of the people I met I still talk to from time to time, via msn or email, long after I stopped playing the game, and I still share happy memories with the real life friends that I played the game with.

Alot of people that ridicule MMO players say "Why spend so much time doing something you don't get anything solid from?". Its a valid point, but it all comes down to one thing: are you having fun while playing the game. If you are, then great, if your not, then perhaps time is better spent on another activity.

As for me, I love playing MMO's, and will certainly play Age of Conan when its released in a few months time!

Sorry for the rant, its 4:20 am here and I'm sufforing from a bout of insomnia *s*
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:51 am
Post subject:

I've never played WoW or any other video game beyond the original Final Fantasy when I was in high school (shows my age!). I just wanted to say that you don't need to worry about us thinking you are weird for having great online friendships. Many of us here consider each other best friends and visit each other when we can. Some of us have even met, married and produced little freaklets (like the dragon in my user pic). Internet has definetly changed the social interactions of this century.
Chewy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:58 pm
Post subject:

Thank you for the reassuring words :)
Angel of Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:19 am
Post subject:

Like Chewy I got really engrossed in the game for a time and some of the time just played out of habit. At the beginning I played mostly on my own rarely joining any groups which I guess is not in the spirit of the game. I lost interest for a bit but nowI have got a friend or two interested. The experience is much more enjoyable and is insanely different, at the very least they understand when I chat about some oddly named fellow that I managed to kill. Now I rarely play without them, when I do its simply not the same
HighwayDaisy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:14 pm
Post subject:

I actually just resubscribed a couple days ago. I decided to because I have a few good friends who play, and though I can't often play myself, it gives me an option once in a while. Besides, I miss it... though I refuse to dedicate hours upon hours to it again. My son and my life are more important ;)
Angel of Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:29 am
Post subject:

I long since learnt that other things just come first and I don't truely understand people who can stay up to the early hours in the morning raiding etc. to turn round and say that they have missed a deadline or something. I made the decision to not play WoW during the 3 months leading up to my exams and deadlines except for a couple of hours on a Sunday with a friend for the break. I ended up enjoying it much more and I felt less stress because I left room to do my work. Even though exams and such are behind me I have just carried on like this and I am very happy
Oliver deBurrows

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:52 pm
Post subject:

Yeah i've played WoW for around two years now:

Characters fo far

level/class/race

70/druid/nelf
51/rogue/belf
39/warrior/human
29/hunter/dwarf

and a few others under level 20 that i play...

i dont play that often tbh...
Mofox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:04 am
Post subject:

So i played WOW for about year (RP) and I too got sick and tired of the non RP players taking the piss during gaming, not taking it seriously, or even just having stupid names.. After a while it totally ruins it for you.

Anyway, i gave up after it became too repetitive. Run here, kill 8 of these things, run back. Run here, kill 10 bigger things, run back. Same old same old.
Artisteri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:31 am
Post subject:

I've always liked classical fantasy games like Might and Magic, and I thought Guild Wars was really fun, as well as the old regular Warcraft games.

So I figured World of Warcraft would be fun, though I don't really like the idea of a monthly fee to game. So I tried a trial version, and even then, I really couldn't get into it.

I'm not sure why, maybe it was the graphics, maybe just that it's so slow at the beginning. But I didn't even finish my trial period. I don't think the in-game graphics (at least when I tried it) were really much to appreciate as you're playing (unlike Guild Wars where I just sit and love looking at all the pretty scenery :P). So without that, I just have the gameplay to get into, but I couldn't really do anything yet, and having to just go and fight stuff and level up before doing anything is a bit boring to me.

Secrets of Ilfreia: Fantasy webcomic
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:18 am
Post subject:

if I remember, the trial is purely the first version without the two expansions. I dunno what's up with the first post on the thread, I play WoW for like 6 hours a day (cause I used to sit around and do nothing) and I don't talk to anybody around me about it =c

mmmm....WoW.....makes me wanna go home and play =D I bet if you played with me online you could TOTALLY get into it! I've been playing for like 3 months and I have 4 characters I switch between
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:21 am
Post subject:

Well the first post was also made 2 years ago.

I played when I had internet at home, and have an 80 warlock and a 75 priest.... But I'm not addicted to it. I just play it because I enjoy PVP and I enjoy the interaction of a good guild or party or vent, and it gives me something to do when I have nothing else happening.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kajakfaucon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:00 pm
Post subject:

I have an 80 druid and an 80 mage....as well as a whole host of various leveled other characters.

Yet, I still find time to do anything else that I want. I'm never really gotten the whole addiction thing with it. The only time I really enjoy playing or even play at all period, is when I'm doing it specifically to spend time with someone else.
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:35 am
Post subject:

Caryla wrote:
Well the first post was also made 2 years ago.

oh I know, that's why I was just saying about the first post, instead of addressing it. I don't usually dig up old threads, but I have no problem posting on them once they've been rezzed =D (mwahaha)

my highest character is a 42 gnome warlock =c I hate horde jerks and my goal is to get to lv 80...and then camp their zones to kill them =D
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:44 am
Post subject:

Did I mention it's an ORC warlock and a BLOOD ELF priest? Bwhahaha.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kajakfaucon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 am
Post subject:

Did I mention it's a Tauren Druid, and a Troll Mage? Bwhahaha.
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:26 pm
Post subject:

I guessed you were rolling horde, most people do...that's why I'm alliance! The horde on my server DIE like women!! they have to come kill people 1/4 their level just to get points =D
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:51 pm
Post subject:

You WoW people are scary....
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:40 pm
Post subject:

I wonder if they have horde characters on Gorgonnash...>=D

hey. WoW isn't scary, it's just the annoying people who don't do anything all day but play wow (like my roommate) you have to worry about. In thos instances, you punch them in the face and yell a lot and they bend to your will.

Gnomes FTW!!!

EDIT:
because of that person up there, I'm totally getting a screenshot of somebody to paste on here... >:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: