The time now is Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:48 am
View unanswered posts
When heterosexuality was a sin...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:01 am
Post subject:

While I am tempted to agree, especially in light of both of your completely compelling avatars, I must sadly disagree. What you say is completely correct, but sometimes even normally jovial people have a bad day, which changes the way their eyes and voice reacts.

That leaves both parts pretty blank and emotionless, but they'll never get rid of the inflections in their voice! MWAHAHA!

anybody can be attractive when they're talking about something that excites them, my true judgemental side arises when I see someone who's on the lower half of feeling good or happy - it shows more of the character of a person than when everything goes their way

Sorry, this is a years old debate for me and a friend of mine... I can't believe you guys are taking HIS side over me!!!1!

:*c
seelie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:33 am
Post subject:

I could not disagree more! You CAN change the inflections in your voice to make people think something different, but you can not change the expression in your yes. I could be having aabsolutely awful day, but you and i are chit chatting on the phone and I can make you think that it has been one of the best days of my life. that's why newer lie detection machines are trained on the eye and not voice. It is something that you can not control unless you are a pathological liar or have psychological issues.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:53 pm
Post subject:

I think it's just a matter of a) how well one can read people, and 2) how well one can hide/disguise what they're feeling/thinking. There are more people that are easy to read than hard to read, and there are more people that aren't good at reading other people than there are good at it. If that weren't the case, there'd be a lot less psychologists in the world. And a lot less divorce. And fewer wars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seelie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:07 pm
Post subject:

Don't think there would be less divorce or fewer wars, but there would definitely be less misunderstandings and fewer psychologists in the world.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 pm
Post subject:

seelie wrote:
Don't think there would be less divorce or fewer wars

okay, maybe you have me on wars. But if more people knew what kind of person they were really trying to marry, there'd be less marriage, therefore less divorce, because the ones who did marry would know better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seelie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:41 pm
Post subject:

made the mistake once and don't plan to ever do it again. My problem was I saw glimpses of what i was getting into, but he was a real cameleon so I didn't get the full picture until after we were married.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:50 pm
Post subject:

seelie wrote:
made the mistake once and don't plan to ever do it again. My problem was I saw glimpses of what i was getting into, but he was a real cameleon so I didn't get the full picture until after we were married.

Even the best of readers can get the wool pulled over their eyes. Love does that, sometimes. And people change, too, sometimes abruptly, and for odd reasons. C'est la vie - and sometimes la vie bites you right in the dérierre.
seelie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:12 pm
Post subject:

Tru dat Boo
Dudde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:23 pm
Post subject:

Wow you guys are so deceptive! I was just talking about normal everyday people who really aren't intent on deceiving anyone. I'm good at reading body language and eye expressions as well, I agree they're important...

but if you take the average girl on the street, because I don't like listening to guys' voice, just the words that come out.

I agree it would probably cut down on marriage and divorce rates, unfortunately however, most people tend to miss out on the little things in life that help out later =D
Skarla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am
Post subject:

I know a blind piano tuner, and he once told me that I must be a beautiful person because I have a beautiful voice - and went on to point out that blind people choose their partners by sound. I think that you can tell a lot about a person from the way they talk, their accents, inflections and tone of voice in general. Working in a shop I meet hundreds of people every shift, and you can tell who is a happy person, who is moody/shy/sad/depressed/manic/hyper/drunk/kind/mean/cruel/upset just from the greeting that they give in response to my usual chirpy 'hiya!'. I tend to chat to customers, and it makes me sad sometimes... there are people out there who look really confused as to why I'm asking them about their day or if they have anything exciting planned for the weekend. It's as if being friendly has suddenly become rare and strange.

Anyway, eyes are also important and can show a lot of emotion that can be otherwise hidden, but now that I've worked in retail I've realised that it can be quite hard to hide behind words. The vocabulary and tone of a voice hint at a lot of things if you're paying attention.

Knowledge is power and power corrupts. Study hard: be evil!
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 pm
Post subject:

it may be beneficial to note, if I haven't already, that I only see from one eye, so sound is definitely a huge part of my sensory perception =D

I'm kinda tempted to go to the UK just so I can see if there really are any people working in retail left who are friendly and happy! I thought the last one stopped working there when I moved :c

(for the record, blind piano tuners are COOL!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: