The time now is Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:50 pm
View unanswered posts
LoC Ch. 36-37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Black Tower
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 am
Post subject: LoC Ch. 36-37

LoC Ch. 36 “The Amyrlin is Raised”

I do enjoy machinations, Siuan’s “Pattern” and the SAS/TAS dynamic, but with Salidar its largely a battle of who I dislike more. Most of the time I can barely stomach Egwene but I dislike the rest of Salidar even more. Half of them are dark friends and the other half are imbeciles (though the two catagories are not mutually exclusive). This chapter is basically an info dump, which begs the question of why I am posting about it. Because I have a big mouth and can’t stop talking about WoT of course. OH yeah: Elayne gets crotchety about Rand “giving” her the Lion Throne. A little gratitude might be in order since it didn’t belong to her family 25 years ago, but this is the woman voted most likely to get all her companions killed by White Tower class 998 NE, so unsurprising. El, Nyn, Faolain, and Theodrin are raised to Aes Sedai by decree. This does no one any favors, and they will spend the next 5+ books earning the right to be so called “Aes Sedai” in truth.

LoC Ch. 37 “When Battle Begins”

Egwene puts the screws to Moghedien and that’s cool…I guess (even though Moggy is way cooler than Eggy). She also learns how to Travel. It’s rather significant in that the spread of Traveling among women ca be traced to this event, just as Rand revealing the weave to Taim started the spread among men. Well, Mesaana teaches Alviarin later, but generally the Forsaken keep everyone in the dark as much as possible. Not that I blame them really, as much as they go on about third age savages, I imagine it’s a lot preferable to have the advantage over people. In the last war (by cracky) everyone was fully trained Hall of Servants Aes Sedai which at least conferred on them the knowledge of what was and wasn’t possible.

Eggy wants to associate every female channeler in the world with the Tower. Quite ambitious really, of course the Wise Ones, Windfinders, and some others are at least partially in Rand’s camp. He’ll be dead soon though, so maybe that won’t matter. There’s still Logain and the Asha’man though, so Egwene’s world wide Hegemony might run into a few roadblocks along the way. Siuan begins to teach Eggy how to “be” Amyrlin. I love Siuan. If it wasn’t for her I might have burned the books before reading the Salibore chapters. LOVED seeing Siuan and Egwene put the screws to Lelaine/Romanda and their factions. Halima/Aran’gar wants Logain dead/severed. I wonder why THAT is.
DragonQueen
Defying time with hair dye

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:57 am
Post subject:

I figured Halima wants Logain toast so he can't sense her all male ability to channel and blow her cover. Feel free to say "duh" to me if you were being sarcastic. I just finished this book about 2 weeks ago. Halima creeps me out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Black Tower All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: