The time now is Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:45 pm
View unanswered posts
Grimm (spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 pm
Post subject: Grimm (spoilers)

sooooo.... anyone still watching?

kudos to the show for picking up its game - I'm definitely more into it this season than last (except for their awful addition of the opening credits intro they used in the first couple episodes, that was super ridiculous)

Anyway, this latest episode actually had me on the edge of my seat! I think it's the first time in a while that any show has had that effect, so yay?

Here's my problem. If I was Munroe, the first thing out of my mouth wouldn't be that I saw Juliette kissing some random guy - it would be that some random guy was looking for a cure for a supernatural love-obsession, and the obsessee turned out to be Juliette. So, ipso facto, Juliette is caught up in some kind of love spell with a guy who clearly knows about the Wessen world. Yes, Munroe mentioned he thought it might be spell-related, but the fact that the guy is probably Wessen seems like a really critical factoid to leave out...

Anyway, it kind of seems like (Captain Renard obsession aside) the Nick/Juliette relationship has gone past the point of no return... Unless she magically gets her memories back in the next episode, it's hard to imagine them having a happy ending. But I'm looking forward to a big showdown with Renard in the next episode or two!

I think I'm starting to get a bit confused about everything, too. So we have 7 royal families. At some point in history, the Grimms worked for them, and maybe some of them still do, but mostly other Grimms just go around killing Wessen for fun. Right? And we have Renard, a bastard son of one of those families (who is half human? I'm not clear on how inter-breeding works in this world). And Renard's brother is making some kind of power play - but against who? the other royal families? Who is Renard allied with, then - cause sometimes it looks like he works with his brother, but right now clearly not. At the beginning, it seemed like he wanted the key from Nick too, but it also seems like he has his own long-term plans.

Where do Reapers come in? Is the guy who sent the 2 reapers last season (who got the heads mailed to him) also part of a royal family? And then what about this Order of the Whatever that wanted the coins so badly?

Anyway, it looks like the show will be full of all sorts of fun when it comes back!

Jade

Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 am
Post subject:

I love Grimm! Several of my mainstream friends watch it as well. I am enjoying the new season and glad Hank has been brought in on the secret, but I have missed Monroe helping out. He's my favorite character, so I hate that he's been relegated to a telephone friend in a spice shop. I'd like more Rosalee as well. The actress just had a baby, so maybe she'll be back soon.

This last episode was crazy-good! I can't believe we have to wait until January to get some resolution.

I do NOT understand why Monroe didn't lead off with the "so there's obsession love spell thing." Come on, Monroe!

I have never been a big fan of the Juliet/Nick relationship anyway and wouldn't mind if they broke up.

I have no clue what's happening with the Royals or reapers or any of your other questions. I have not done any forum reading for this show; just enjoying each episode as it comes and am not really concerned with the over-arching plots.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:23 am
Post subject:

oh, so that's why Rosalee disappeared! That makes sense - but hopefully she'll be back soon!

Juliette has never really excited me either. I don't dislike her, but there's not really a big magic spark there.

I have to admit, the way they did the ending kind of cracked me up.

To be continued .....

Sorry.

*lol* I don't think I've ever seen a tv show apologize for it before, and there are shows like BSG that have done waaayyy worse "to be continued" endings than this one!

Jade

Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 pm
Post subject:

I definitely need to catch up on this one having only watched a few episodes. That being said, The Juliet/Nick relationship is pretty bland for me. Happy there are dvds and streaming so I can catch the shows I missed along the way.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:45 pm
Post subject:

Okay, I actually think I've figured out the Renard thing... (for anyone else who actually cares *lol*)

I was rewatching some episodes (right now I'm big into procrastination, anything to avoid working!), and there were actually big clues, I just wasn't paying that much attention the first time around.

There have been numerous conversations between Renard and mysterious people about some secret agenda they've got going, that's clearly not in the interest of his family. Then, we have Renard's royal brother torturing some poor guy from the Wessen resistance. Finally, in one of the latest episodes, Renard was having a phone conversation with someone unknown, and talked about having seen photos of so-and-so's body, and they needed to find out if he'd talked and given anything away that would risk "those of us on the inside", or something like that.

Anyway... so I guess Renard is working for the Wessen resistance? Which would completely explain why he's been trying to prevent his family from getting the key. And probably makes sense, since there's been lots of implications that there's "bad blood" between him and his family. But that could make for a really interesting showdown between him and Nick.

Jade

Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 pm
Post subject:

Ha! I guess I have totally missed that there is a Wessen Resistance. I think I need to re-watch.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:54 pm
Post subject:

hah, well, it mostly only featured in one episode in season 1 (a fugitive Nick is searching for turns out to be an old friend of Rosalee's who is in the resistance.) It was right after Rosalee first joined the show, and was also the first time the royal families were really talked about (and the first appearance of the Verrat, the guys with the marks on their palms).

But the resistance hasn't had more than tiny passing mentions since then, so I can understand why you could miss it!

Jade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: