The time now is Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am
View unanswered posts
Aug 2012 BOTM - Spoilers to pg 352

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Book Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lannie
Colonel Chatterbox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:09 am
Post subject: Aug 2012 BOTM - Spoilers to pg 352

This thread is for discussion of the book The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham, up to the end of page 352 in my trade paperback copy. (end of chapter "Geder")
Lannie
Colonel Chatterbox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:46 am
Post subject:

I'm definitely more interested in the Cithrin/Marcus storyline than I am the Dawson story. I want to get back to Cithrin. Not sure how those storylines will connect again - other than Dawson turning down the Northcoast bank's involvement. I think I like the Cithrin storyline more because I get it (I think!). I want to see what she will do next. I like how Master Kit's "You can do this" becomes contagious and she tells Marcus "I can do this."

I hated how Geder fell for the popularity of being the victor of Vanai, and seemed to lose his digust for what he had done, although it's probably very human and normal for him to do so. He wanted to be liked so again he couldn't see how he was being used. His father's obviously wiser and saw what was happening and got him out of the city quickly.

more to come!

Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:58 am
Post subject:

I don't like the Dawson story line at all. He seems like a complete jackass. He did save the city, so he has that going for him. I suppose he will be a hero now. Hard to like a guy who thinks slaves deserve to be slaves.

And Gerder. Ugh. I hope his dad gets him in hand. He is so volatile and hot headed, not having a clue what is going on or thinking through decisions.

I hope Cithrian's ply works and she is able to become a powerful force. What good a powerful force will do, I have no idea. I just like her and Marcus.

I hope Marcus is able to keep that slimeball Sandr away from her. Of course he is sniffing around again--she's rich!
Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 pm
Post subject:

heh, I have little use for Dawson or Geder...they are both despicable. Jorey is a little more interesting, however, he certainly seems to follow daddy so I think he is only more tolerable because his part is smaller.

I like the Cithrin/Marcus chapters too, although it seems implausible that a young woman with no experience is able to so completely work the banking scheme in such a short time period. Yes, she was brought up by the Medean's but there is a vast deal of difference between learning and applying what you learned to real life situations. Still, she is a much more readable character!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Book Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: