The time now is Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:20 pm
View unanswered posts
I need an American wife
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Freak Speak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alessan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:53 pm
Post subject: I need an American wife

Well 2012 is almost upon us,and,if the Mayans are right it's going to be a crap year,haha.
I have always dreamed of living in the USA so, before the world ends I am going to follow my dream. Would I be allowed to live over there if I married an American lady? And,if so, do you know any lonely women who would like an English husband,haha. Oh,they must be into fantasy as well. Happy New year to you all.
DragonQueen
Defying time with hair dye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:38 pm
Post subject:

Please post your age and a flattering picture. *weg*

Happy New Year back!
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:22 pm
Post subject:

I'll tell you what... you attempt to locate a English wive for me and I'll attempt to find a American one for you. Long have I dreamed of leaving this place. *weg*

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Big Bubba
Slayer of Unreads

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:23 pm
Post subject: Re: I need an American wife

Alessan wrote:
Would I be allowed to live over there if I married an American lady? And,if so, do you know any lonely women who would like an English husband,haha.

Yes to first question (that's how I got into the country), and no to the second.

I'm just happy that the final WoT book will be published before the end of the world. *lol*

Megaret

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:40 pm
Post subject:

In some states you could marry ThrillKillBill.
Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:07 am
Post subject:

M, Hawaii is now one of them. :-)

Mike...maybe the end of WoT is a sign that the apocalypse is truly upon us!

Alessan: post a picture and your age and what you do for a living! ;-p
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 am
Post subject:

Megaret wrote:
In some states you could marry ThrillKillBill.

I do have really lovely long hair but my tastes don't swing that way thank you... you "Second Evil" you *g*

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Alessan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:43 pm
Post subject:

DragonQueen wrote:
Please post your age and a flattering picture. *weg*

Happy New Year back!

My age is easy, 45. A flattering picture, haha, that is not so easy. Would 'A picture' suffice.
Alessan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:49 pm
Post subject:

ThrillKillBill wrote:
I'll tell you what... you attempt to locate a English wive for me and I'll attempt to find a American one for you. Long have I dreamed of leaving this place. *weg*

The grass is always greener......
Alessan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:55 pm
Post subject:

Alle wrote:
M, Hawaii is now one of them. :-)

Mike...maybe the end of WoT is a sign that the apocalypse is truly upon us!

Alessan: post a picture and your age and what you do for a living! ;-p

I am too old for you young lady.I make my living as a bellfounder. Which is unusual if nothing else.
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:32 pm
Post subject:

You make bells? Really?
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:17 am
Post subject:

Well, have I got a deal for you!!

You can get yourself not just one, but three brand new citizenships, all for the price of just one! Why get only an American wife, when you can have a lady (or not-such-a-lady) who is American, Canadian and Australian! What a bargain!

Call now, and I'll also throw in a clause of "she's actually gay, so this will be fictional in all senses of the word!"

Meanwhile, I get to add Europe to my list of places I can live :-D *dusts hands off in satisfaction*

But really. Have you paid any attention to the crazy politics in this country? I know things aren't all sunshine and roses (especially the sunshine part) over there, but why do you want to move here?

Jade

Alessan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:34 pm
Post subject:

Caleyna wrote:
You make bells? Really?

Yep, I really do make bells. But I am not a bellringer!
Alessan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:46 pm
Post subject:

Jade wrote:
Well, have I got a deal for you!!

You can get yourself not just one, but three brand new citizenships, all for the price of just one! Why get only an American wife, when you can have a lady (or not-such-a-lady) who is American, Canadian and Australian! What a bargain!

Call now, and I'll also throw in a clause of "she's actually gay, so this will be fictional in all senses of the word!"

Meanwhile, I get to add Europe to my list of places I can live :-D *dusts hands off in satisfaction*

But really. Have you paid any attention to the crazy politics in this country? I know things aren't all sunshine and roses (especially the sunshine part) over there, but why do you want to move here?

Jade

Sounds good to me, where do I sign? Haha

Why do I want to live in America? Well, England is just so small and crowded it's impossible for a man to get a little space,if you know what I mean. I Love the countryside and we have not got much left over here!

I like the fact that in America you have such diverse types of countryside.

I also like the fact that Americans are patriotic and love their country and cherish its history. English people couldn't care less about their country or its history. Which is why young people in England are a bit out of control.
Alessan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:53 pm
Post subject:

I forgot to say that you may have some crazy politics over there but at least you have an interest in politics. Most people in England don't even bother to vote. Especially the young. They're so dumb that in a recent poll 25% of kids thought that Christmas was to celebrate Simon Cowells birthday! And that is true! Now please get me out of here,haha.
DragonQueen
Defying time with hair dye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:49 pm
Post subject:

Well I'm 45, divorced and have 2 rooms for rent. Not especially looking to marry since well, see how that ended, but you could perhaps visit. Pending "a picture." LOL

P.S. Can you forge a sword? If so, I am a great cook....
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:45 pm
Post subject:

I can "forge" a "sword." *waggles eyebrows*

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:55 pm
Post subject:

Alessan wrote:
I forgot to say that you may have some crazy politics over there but at least you have an interest in politics. Most people in England don't even bother to vote. Especially the young. They're so dumb that in a recent poll 25% of kids thought that Christmas was to celebrate Simon Cowells birthday! And that is true! Now please get me out of here,haha.

Actually....WAY more people vote for their favorite American Idol or Dancing with the Stars contestant then vote in any election, including presidential ones. Yes, there is lots of country side but try finding a job allowing you to live in your countryside of choice.

I am not dissing America...I love my country...but don't ignore the very many flaws. Your country has a lot going for it too. :-)

And you still haven't posted a picture! ;-p
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 am
Post subject:

Um, yeah, about the politics and voting thing... I looked it up. Up to the beginning of the 90s, more than 75% of Brits showed up to vote. Then it dropped off sharply for some reason, but it's still over 60%. So is Canada. Australia has mandatory voting, so that doesn't really count *lol*

By contrast, the US is somewhere between 50-55% in presidential elections, and more like 35% in primary elections. And any poll that shows the ignorance and stupidity of young people (or just any people off the street, let's be honest), we can match it.

Also, when I watch news coverage of politics, the BBC is actually reasonable and intelligent. I don't even want to describe what passes for news here.

I know Britain's not perfect, but at least there's health care.

On the countryside thing, though, I'll agree with you. America does have a lot of great countryside, and a lot of variety too. I just came from Christmas in Vermont, and it is so freaking lovely there. Not to mention the unbelievably amazing national parks, and sites like Grand Canyon, Yosemite, etc....

Anyway. As a Canadian/American/Australian who had now lived in all 3 countries for at least a few years, I have a better chance than most to really think about where I'd most like to live. In all honesty, since I'm working on a PhD in a semiconductor field, job availability is going to limit my choice. Australia's got crap all in this sort of tech industry, and Canada is only slightly better. Most of the work is in the US, or Asia, or even Europe (mostly Germany). And there are real good things about the US. I would love to work in the San Francisco Bay Area.

But I'm considering ways to get out of here after my degree, to be perfectly honest. There are things I love, but there are so many crazy people, the country is increasingly polarized, the government is disfunctional, and health care is kind of a joke. And I say that as a person who has insurance paid for by her job. I had to get new birth control pills in New York City when I lost mine, and you would not **believe** what I went through. I needed a doctor's prescription (and it's $150 without insurance, $50 with, just to see the guy in the pharmacy for 3 minutes), and then the first 3 pharmacies I went to didn't take my insurance and would have charged me $100 for a month of pills!!!! If I had known what I was getting into ahead of time, I would have just accepted the consequences of not taking my pills for a few days (even though it would have caused me a lot of pain and grief later - I don't take them for actual "birth control" reasons)

And that is just *typical* of my experiences with health care here.... Even if you have insurance, it is so messed up, it makes me really angry.

Anyway.... enough ranting... Sorry, I'm not really trying to America-bash, but there's a lot about living here that you probably don't understand until you, well, live here. (I spent time here visiting family regularly my entire life, but there were things I didn't really understand until I actually lived here too)

Like someone else said, Grass is always greener. Personally, if you want a place to live, I recommend Canada *g* There is still pretty countryside, and you can always visit the States *lol*

Jade

Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 pm
Post subject:

I would have loved to have tried living in Canada but its too cold. lol Pretty much agree with your post!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Freak Speak All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: