The time now is Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:49 pm
View unanswered posts
HBO version of A Game of Thrones - no spoilers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:15 pm
Post subject:

Hi Freakies. Glad everyone who has been able to see it has been enjoying it. I watched the second ep again on Sunday before watching ep 3. I am still very impressed with how they are staying true to the books and putting in the occasional extra bit to help explain things that were mainly going on in people's heads and leaving out the occasional extraneous bit to keep the flow.

I loved the final scenes of ep three and am looking forward to the events of 4.

One technical note on the forum, though - title of this thread includes "No Spoilers" and some of the remarks here are damned close to if not slightly over the line of spoilery. I would love to see someone start spoiler threads for particular episodes or groups of episodes so we can really discuss.

tanks.
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:03 pm
Post subject:

I must admit I have been enjoying the series even if I have not yet read the books...

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Megaret

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:49 pm
Post subject:

Just want to mention that I can't stand book Bran but I like show Bran. Every time I see Cat I can't stop thinking about how later on when those spoilers happen.
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:53 pm
Post subject:

I am curious, so without any spoiler could you tell me, now that the first season is over...did season one end its story at the end of book one? near the end? beyond book one? I have the book, it stares at me daily as if to challenge me to start reading it but first I must finish my Xanth re-read.

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:21 am
Post subject:

season one is book one. it follows the story line exactly. there is no overlap that I can see.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:13 am
Post subject:

The Maid of Tarth has been cast!

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/07/08/hbos-game-of-thrones-finds-its-brienne-the-maid-of-tarth/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:40 pm
Post subject:

6' 3", woah. lol

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:57 pm
Post subject:

Wench
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 am
Post subject:

yeah baby. Awesome new trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3RflsNxak&feature=share

Jade

julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:32 pm
Post subject:

OK, am I just imagining/forgetting stuff or did this last episode start taking us off the rails on a crazy train? I hate to use the dreaded WTF abbreviation...but DUDE.

Where are the Frog Eaters? Where is Lollys? Who the crap is the foreign chick in Robb's camp who appears to be a love interest? Did the whole Ygritte deal get totally out of order, or what? I liked the new twist on the Amory Lorch death number two removal, but was Littlefinger at Harrenhal seeing Arya in the books???

And -omg- I have zero recollection of the dragons being stolen. I know she sold one one time and and got it right back when acquiring the Unsullied, but I can't recall them being taken while she was in Quarth.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:58 am
Post subject:

You are not crazy-- there are lots of new/changed elements in the show. I think eventually they're going to have to change the credits to 'inspired by the GRRM books' or something. There's a growing undercurrent of discomfort about these changes that I think will start costing them viewers soon. And while the show might keep being done because there are enough people watching that haven't read the books, I think Martin might want to start worrying that, between his haphazard last installment and the changes he's allowing in the TV story, he might start driving people away from the rest of his books. But then, he's probably scooping up lots of new readers. So as long as the bottom line stays strong, who cares about continuity?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lannie
Colonel Chatterbox

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:02 am
Post subject:

oh good, i thought it was just me. I'm yelling the exact same things at the tv and Robert keeps staring at me because he's never read the books. I liked the Frog Eaters! Is Osha going to teach him everything? The Rob love story crap? I ended up cheating and looking on the Game of Thrones wiki to find out what's probably going on there.
And the dragons being stolen???!?!?

PS - I don't watch it on Sundays so I can see it with Robert. I won't see it until tomorrow or Thursday.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 pm
Post subject:

Phew, that was awesome!

I felt like the last few episodes dragged a little, all leading up to the finale, and all the little (and the HUGE) changes were grating on me a bit! I just don't understand why they had to change Dany's storyline so much - or Jon's, for that matter! I can see that by the end they'll pretty much have the same outcome, but I don't see what they gained by it.....

Anyhoo... Hurray for battle scenes! I'd have liked to see more wildfyre - the catapults, and the big chain, and all that - but it was pretty spectacular nonetheless.

Tyrion, as usual, totally the star of the show. Poor guy - and it only goes way downhill from here for him! But I actually liked Sansa, you could see how she's grown.

So what's left for the final episode? I don't remember exactly what falls at the end of the book. We have to wrap up Jon Snow's storyline, and Dany has to go to the House of the Undying finally... I guess that's mostly it?

Jade

julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:08 pm
Post subject:

I loved this week's episode, too! I agree it would have been fun to see more of what happened in the battle - especially the chain and the catapults that Goffrey wanted so badly to use. I liked how he juxtaposed the battle scenes with the scenes in Maegor's Holdfast and kept in the part about Illyn Payne there as a 'final solution'. I felt like they didn't make it clear enough that High Garden came to the rescue. People who are overwhelmed by so many characters may not have recognized the Knight of the Flowers there at the end when he came in before Tywin and Cersei only said anything about Tywin.

Based on the previews, I assume that Dany will go to the House of the Undying and get the dragons back. It totally bewilders me as to why they felt it necessary to have her dragons taken and kept there. I never felt like the books had her going there for no reason.

I actually thought they'd split the book in half - I got confused about when Joffrey's wedding happened. I guess that is not until the next book, though. Glancing through the last 200 or so pages of CoK, I can see that they just did a bunch of stuff out of order and I guess all the stuff they left out (the Frog eaters and all of the shapeshifting/mind sharing with the wolves stuff and lots of little odds and ends) so that is why it feels to me like there should still be a lot more. They might show what happened to Davos in the last episode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: