The time now is Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:49 am
View unanswered posts
Final Fantasy XIII
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady charleen

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:15 am
Post subject: Final Fantasy XIII

I after many hours and days of annoyance at my lack of owning this game. have it in my darling ps3 :D and have therefore lost all concept of reality and normal people hours

i really enjoy the new format of the characters... well of the story line the jumping between groups splitting groups etc etc makes it better to keep all your characters leveled up instead of having 3 super strong characters and the rest basically useless

who else has played? ive only just started chapter 5 so im not very far into it to ff standards but i love it love it love it!!!!!

tho vanille gives me the irrits!!!!!
Excalibur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:57 am
Post subject:

i havent played it yet but i have played all of them except 11 and 13
Sakura

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:30 am
Post subject:

I have it, and I played till Chapter 11 or so, where you get to the point of doing something else as following linear corridors. I can't say I like it. I find it rather boring, I really hate the new kind of levelling system (though it's better then the 2 previous ones) and I feel it lacks a lot of the immersion of the earlier games. I played through the linear part cause it didn't provide any challenge or needed any initiative but now that I have actually some freedom I'm just not motivated enough to actually use it, to the extend that I just don't play it at all.

Well, I was pretty much done with FF at part 12, which I didn't finish also cause the grind to get everything was too big and the game got way too difficult at one point. Now I got FF 13 as a birthday present, and it confirms, that FF went in a direction where I cannot stand it any more.
littlewisp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Post subject:

I started it the day it came out, and I still haven't progressed past the linear part. Part of this is due to me not caring, and the other part is due to certain boys always playing CoD or Fallout or whatever other games they play to torture me. *grumbles*
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:20 am
Post subject:

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy, but my pocket book and poor student income hasn't allowed me to buy a PS3, especially if I only really want it for one or two games. True, I could rent a PS3, but I like to finish things at my own pace. I know alot of people hated FF12, but I thought it was fantastic. I've heard that FF13 has gone back to catering the mass of the FF audience. It looks interesting though.
Sakura

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:18 am
Post subject:

FF 13 was released for the xbox 360 too. If you'd want to buy a console to play that game the xbox would be far cheaper than the PS3, with a bigger selection of games.
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:26 am
Post subject:

Sakura wrote:
FF 13 was released for the xbox 360 too. If you'd want to buy a console to play that game the xbox would be far cheaper than the PS3, with a bigger selection of games.

I have been considering getting a 360 or a used Xbox, simply for the joy of being able to play Shenmue 2 which the acursed Sega never made for american Dreamcasts. It's a definite possibility, but having just paid off school and with two birthdays to save for(not to mention Father's Day), i'm so incredibly strapped for cash that I don't anticipate being able to get a platform that I can play FF13 on for a very long time.
I also don't like the dozens of complaints i've heard about the 360's over -heating problems.
Janga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:56 pm
Post subject:

I have some problems with this game. The first being the linear gameplay others have mentioned. It is extremely boring. The second problem is the storyline. I don't get it. It is just too complicated fo rme.

I think they should remake FF VII for the PS3 with updated graphics. That would be awesome
Supermedo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:10 pm
Post subject:

Janga wrote:
I have some problems with this game. The first being the linear gameplay others have mentioned. It is extremely boring. The second problem is the storyline. I don't get it. It is just too complicated for rme.

I think they should remake FF VII for the PS3 with updated graphics. That would be awesome

I agree with everything you said expect the story been complicated part
I really hate this game
BTW I'm FF Hardcore fan from old good days in SNES to PSX, GBA, and PS2
But 13 Was God Damn Awful, Very Annoying Characters
And Super noob Friendly Gameplay which resulted into very VERY Easy Gameplay
And reading the Data logs to understand the freaking story
Boss don't provide achallenge or whatever
When i got bored i duck taped my joystick & hit the turbo bottom after 20 Hours i finished the game
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:11 am
Post subject:

Snow has got to be the dumbest most annoying person I've ever met, either fictional or real. What a tool. The noble black sidekick is an idiot too. Lightning is hawt though. mmm lightning. I don't know the game is ok. the level up system is pretty much the sphere grid from FF10. I liked it but I'm more of a traditionalist. I'd rather have levels, some element of term based battle system and actual character classes rather than any character can be any job. 12 was pretty good. I've been playing 11 online for about 4 or 5 years. I'll prolly try 14 when it comes out.
Lady charleen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:16 am
Post subject:

i like the random black side kicks little chocobo chick its so cute and pointless but its cute so that all that matters......

cant wait till 14 comes out im excited
Vilya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:27 am
Post subject:

I am currently up in the air as whether or not to play it. As a huge fan of VII and VIII, this just looks disappointing. They turned my prescious Guardian forces, aeons, summons....whatever you want to call them...into transformers...ack. I am totally disallusioned. After 12 I have to say that I think FF might have lost me all together. The ending was horrible, and I didn't feel much of a connection to any of the characters. I so needed XIII to be something I could sink my teeth into. And if it is as linear as it seems....I think that they just lost another fan.
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:27 am
Post subject:

Vilya wrote:
I am currently up in the air as whether or not to play it. As a huge fan of VII and VIII, this just looks disappointing. They turned my prescious Guardian forces, aeons, summons....whatever you want to call them...into transformers...ack. I am totally disallusioned. After 12 I have to say that I think FF might have lost me all together. The ending was horrible, and I didn't feel much of a connection to any of the characters. I so needed XIII to be something I could sink my teeth into. And if it is as linear as it seems....I think that they just lost another fan.

I loved Final Fantasy XII though I must concur that the ending lacked...well, it lacked something. Perhpas a more solid resolution. I mean, I put over 200 hours into that game. With it's wonderfully politcal plot line I would have figured that the ending would have been a little more complex. Out of all the FF games I think that one would have been best served by a sequel(or atleast another chapter worth of gameplay. We didn't even get to see the Rozaria). And Vayne Solidor as a villain was never really well defined. At first he seemed just like some evil jerk, but near the end he seemed like a man corrupted by the busy-bodying of some sort of omnipotent race(Occuria I think).
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:18 am
Post subject:

Turned based RPGs' bore me to death now and I used to love FF7........ I need my RPG's to be more action oriented now like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Fallout: 3........ Fallout: New Vegas is so going to rock!

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:49 am
Post subject:

ThrillKillBill wrote:
Turned based RPGs' bore me to death now and I used to love FF7........ I need my RPG's to be more action oriented now like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Fallout: 3........ Fallout: New Vegas is so going to rock!

As far as gameplay was concerned the biggest advantage to FFXII system was that there was no random fighting. You got to see the monsters before you engaged them in battle and your characters could all attack at the same time. Definately a more effective system than previous turn based RPGs.
Janga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 am
Post subject:

My main beefs with this game:

1. The linear game play without being able to explore different towns and villages (like every other FF game).

2. The way the battle system is set up that you can only operate 1 character.

3. I found the storyline to be very hard to follow
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:47 pm
Post subject:

To be perfectly technical, there hasn't been a turn based Final Fantasy since III (final fantasy IV was Final Fantasy II for the Super Nintendo). Unless of course you turned the ATB (Active Time Battle System) off. Now it wasn't completely real time, but it wasn't completely turn based either. Final Fantasy 7 blew, I'm so sick of that game getting accolades it didnt' deserve. Eight was worse. Nine was good, but you had to have played RPGs since the 80s to get all the Nostalgia. They tried to make twelve play somewhat like an MMO, and I think you either loved it or hated it. Personally I'd love for turn based to make a return, and I'd love it for people to have actual character classes again. I really despise every character being able to learn every spell or ability in the game. Maybe that's the Dragon Warrior fanboy in me talking. As far as 13. The girls are hawt and the guys are stupid and insipid. Kind of like real life. Hahaha. I think you can't really consider it an RPG, if you try to catagorize it that way, you'll always be disappointed. SE has been moving more and more to making games into interactive movies. 13 is basically a movie that you can fight battles in. lol. One thing I hate is all the bosses have one particular way to beat them...if you trya different way you get annihilated, however just pop some veils stagger, and its over in 30 seconds. Very irritating.
Excalibur

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:40 am
Post subject:

i still havent played 13. right now im playing oblivion. i bought it when it first came out and i didnt really understand it. It was so overwhelming and it seemed like i could just pick up everything in sight. i went back and started playing the game again and made it out of the dungeon and into the land of cyrondil. ive been playing along the quest but alot of times im just roaming the countryside exploring the mountains and far off places. im starting to really like this game now and its so laid back with the classical music ambience of the field. theres so much to customize and do that i still havent even messed with alot of the things to do in the game. my fav jap style rpgs were suikodens, early ffs, and xenogears. the new ffs are ok but they are lacking to me in story and the music could be better in them. actually the only rpg that really sucked me in and gave me the goose bumps when i played was xenogears and after i played that it set the bar really high and no other games could compare to the experience. playing oblivion is pretty fun and now im thinking about getting dragon age as my next game. anyone play the game, is it any good in your opinion...........
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:24 am
Post subject:

Excaliber...... if you like shooters as well as RPG's then you should try Fallout 3...... it plays and feels alot like oblivion with guns (kinda..... per se)

I haven't heard anything bad about Dragon Age: Origins and I hope to pick it up sometime (after my current Fallout 3 game and a re-play through Oblivion.

Have you heard anything about Elder Scrolls 5? Other then they announced working on it? I've only heard that Christian Bale and the Rock could be doing voice acting for it........

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Excalibur

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:09 pm
Post subject:

i googled oblivion 5 but havent found much info on it though. id think it wouldnt be much longer before another one is revealed since oblivion 4 has been out for so long now.yeah ive been checking out fallout 3 also. i love shooters such as halo and gears of war. ive also played mass effect which is more sci fi like fallout 3. i got stuck on a part where it started getting suspenseful. im wanting to get back to that too because mass effect 2 is supposed to be really good. right now i still got lots of adventuring to do with oblivion.

i dont know what im gonna do or if i ever even get back to them since im so stir crazy now with the huge selection in books and games today plus something else big always coming out. ill be on tangent today and off on another one tomorrow so i can be wishy washy. i also hear that dragon age has the battle system like baldurs gate and never winter nights. im curious about that since those were really popular games. the closest i ahve played to that i think is ff 12 with the active battle system or whatever its called.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: