The time now is Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:43 pm
View unanswered posts
How to train your dragon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:58 am
Post subject: How to train your dragon

Thoughts anyone? My sister went to see it last week and loved it, and I'm planning to watch it with her this weekend after I get my first paycheck(yups, i'm an employed raven. And I haven't even pecked a customer yet).I've always thought the books looked interesting(but then, I also browse the YA and Juvy fiction sections)
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm
Post subject:

I'm totally going to watch it - it's just a matter of when

(I like dreamworks)
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:28 am
Post subject:

I watched it this afternoon and I have to say, I really liked it. I usually really don't like these modern animation styles(the three dimentional style), but I think it worked really well with dragons. The character designs were great and the dragons looked fantastically spiffy. There were a few hitches in the movie that didn't keep me from liking it, but still struck me as odd. For some reason, all the young vikings did not share the thick Scottish accent heard in all the adult vikings. Scottish vikings? I'm pretty sure that Scandinavian vikings did settle in scotland, but it seemed a little..off? But perhaps that's just because of my preconceived notion of what a viking should look and sound like. Don't get me wrong--I love Scottish brogues. And it's still a really great movie. It's definately inspired me to re-read Robin McKinley's Dragonhaven, which has some similar concepts.
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:06 pm
Post subject:

Yeah, I was really confused by the Scottish Vikings and their American children.

I enjoyed the movie--very cute. My four year old liked it too, which was the whole reason we went.
Lannie
Colonel Chatterbox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 am
Post subject:

I went with my baby sister to celebrate her buying her first apartment - I tried to convince her to see Clash of the Titans, but we saw How to Train a Dragon instead. So glad we did! I loved loved it! The accents confused me for a minute - I was okay with Scottish Vikings, but the kids without accents? Thankfully, it was one of the things I could let go of :) LOVED the dragon. Great that they didn't talk, but had so much expression! I did think it was too violent to be a little kids movie, but I'm not a parent, and it obviously depends on the kid.

LunaRaven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:22 am
Post subject:

I'm definately in the mood to knit some dragons
E is for Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:15 pm
Post subject:

I was very pleasantly surprised by this movie. I went in not expecting much from the main voice actor and his design. I wasn't let down in that sense, but I was hugely impressed by the story, and the very non-Disney twist at the end. Also, I was having seizures pretty much throughout the movie because of how cute that dragon was.
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 pm
Post subject:

E is for Enigma wrote:
I was very pleasantly surprised by this movie. I went in not expecting much from the main voice actor and his design. I wasn't let down in that sense, but I was hugely impressed by the story, and the very non-Disney twist at the end. Also, I was having seizures pretty much throughout the movie because of how cute that dragon was.

I was having seizures because of how cute all the dragons were.
Leopardus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 pm
Post subject:

I'm not really a dragon person but I am an animation person and just loved that movie to bits!

An employee of my parents took their four year old daughter to see the movie and the other day while they were driving in the car with my mother, the girl said, "Remember to always be nice to your dragon!" My mom thought it was hilarious XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: