The time now is Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:14 am
View unanswered posts
Synopsis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Writing Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealtheagle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 pm
Post subject: Synopsis

Myself? I'm currently working on a bit of myhology based ALIENS/DOOM/Evil Dead fantasy fiction involving a reptillian queen of a an African based (somewhere in zambia to be exact) who HAS (according to the ancient writings) to go to another small kingdom which is based on the Libya/Egypt border to prevent a cataclysm by stopping a wedding between a mortal prince and the mythical Lamia. But she can't do this on her own so rather than waste time putting a team (it has to be a good one) together or have one picked for her (ALIENS), she picks an experience team she knows, trusts and has fought alongside before (just think ot the prince rescuing the princess from the dragon but roles are reversed and the rescuer's a Conan/Red Sonja/Ripley style queen). The mythical influences are
Egyptian
Norse
Greek
Ancient Iraqi
atreides

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:04 am
Post subject:

Hmm, seems fine, but why do you need to tell us about how she chose her team in a synopsis? Surely you can just mention that she goes on an adventure with some buddies who happen to be badasses?

Lots of room for interesting mythology. Do you need to bring it down to the level of Doom? If it was mine I'd get all Sunyata and Ghana Empire on it.
Seeking Authors!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Writing Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: