The time now is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:45 am
View unanswered posts
Grasshopper Pie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm
Post subject: Grasshopper Pie

In honor of St.Patty's day(a favorite among Ravens, but not among snakes), here is my favorite green dessert, Grasshopper pie. Now, for the interest of you non-birds, I've decided to exclude the actual grasshoppers. It won't be as crunchy, but it will still be good.
It's scavenger hunt time! Here are the items you need to find(don't be afraid to wack people with sticks to get them):

1 bag miniature marshmallows(about 6 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup Creme de Menthe
2 tablespoons Creme de Caocao
1/4 cup milk
2 cups (thick, not half and half)whipping cream(usually this equals to of those little cartons)
Chocolate pie crust(Oreo is best)

Hooray! You've won the scavenger hunt! You're prize? The ingridients to this recipe! *dodges tomatoes*
Once you have all the pieces to our minty puzzle assembled, get a large saucepan and fill it with your marshmallows and milk. Cook over low heat and stir constantly. Once the marshmallows have melted into gooey goodness, steal a taste(because it's what I would do) and let the mixture cool, remembering to stir every five minutes.
Afte the gooey delicious mixture has cooled, combine your Creme de Caocao and Creme de Menthe in a bowl, then stir into your marshmallow mixture(it may take a few minutes to get a nice blend). After you've made some yummy green marshmallow goodness, whip your whipping cream until soft peaks form(basically until it looks like whipped cream). Fold your marshmallow mixture into your whipped cream and then pour it into your chocolately crust. Freeze for atleast seven hours and serve when firm. Garnish the pie with shaved chocolate or with grashopper clippings.

Voila! Grasshopper pie! The perfect green dessert to go along with your green eggs and ham on St.Patty's day.
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:37 pm
Post subject:

Very nice - I'm gonna grab a stick and find some grasshoppers, I'll be back!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: