The time now is Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:28 pm
View unanswered posts
Do you sing in the grocery store?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Bardic Circle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:03 pm
Post subject: Do you sing in the grocery store?

I do. They always have sort of light oldies on the PA system and I sing my heart out on the empty aisles and tone it down a notch or two on the ones with other people in them.

This past week, they were on an 80's streak, so I was bebopping along at a bouncy clip, singing "My Baby Takes the Morning Train!" and various other happy 80's songs. I miss the eighties. I really do. That was a fun decade for music. Not that it's earth-shattering or profound music - just fun! And Happy! Very little dreary music in that decade *nods* The nineties were all about nihilism and the '00s have been a bit sardonic (and be advised that I'm not talking about pop, here. I don't listen to any canned pop of the last two decades). But the 80's were just a big party. It almost makes me nostalgic for Ronnie Reagan and his vapid wife.

Do I sound really old? *l* Is it a symptom of middle age madness? Oh well.
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:35 pm
Post subject:

Yes........... if you consider a tone-deaf person whom screeches the lyrics of his favorite tunes at high volume along with the PA. Of course if I dislike the song (which I most often do) I tend to make up my own lyrics much to the amusement of everybody except my family.......... which is really so much WIN!

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:57 am
Post subject:

Yuppers. I like to serenade my veggies while I bag them. It makes them extra tasty.
Megaret

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:39 pm
Post subject:

YES. I always do this, but surreptitiously, or so I would like to believe *lol* The store I go to has a mix of songs and one especially that gets me singing along badly which I have on a cd mix in my car, which I also sing along to while driving. Its hard to hold back *g*
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:46 pm
Post subject:

Well Megaret......... are you forever going to leave us in suspense on which song your hopelessly addicted to singing along with or no?

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm
Post subject:

ThrillKillBill wrote:
Well Megaret......... are you forever going to leave us in suspense on which song your hopelessly addicted to singing along with or no?

My money's on The One Eyed One Horn Flying Purple People Eater. Who can't sing along to that? WHO!
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:07 am
Post subject:

LunaRaven wrote:
ThrillKillBill wrote:

My money's on The One Eyed One Horn Flying Purple People Eater. Who can't sing along to that? WHO!

Sadly...... I can't........ I try to, I want to, but......... I always get tongue-tied and what it ends up sounding like is highly inappropriate. (funny though) **wink**

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:40 pm
Post subject:

I don't like the words in songs, so my brain conveniently changes them into rythms and tunes for me, and I can just hum and whistle to my hearts content.

The fun part is when I start shakin' my dance down the isle, I love how embarrassed whoever I'm with gets =D
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:52 pm
Post subject:

Dudde wrote:
I don't like the words in songs, so my brain conveniently changes them into rythms and tunes for me, and I can just hum and whistle to my hearts content.

The fun part is when I start shakin' my dance down the isle, I love how embarrassed whoever I'm with gets =D

You and I should team up sometime......... we'd give our friends/family a day they'll try and try and try and try but never ever be able to forget *weg*

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
sonia189

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:56 am
Post subject:

No, not me. Lol, I don't think I'd be considered sane if I did.
On the car, though.... :roll:
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:22 am
Post subject:

Let me tell you a little sometime about "sane".............. 99.999999% of the world's population do aleast one thing that somebody somewhere thinks is completely insane..... therefore sanity and normality are nothing but a illusion of a state of mind. It is literally impossible to conform to everybodies concept of "sane", to try is completely insane and counter productive to living a happy life.

Think for yourself, act on your own impulses and if somebody reacts shocked or amused just ignore them and remember this one thing in the back of your mind........ giving enough time it is entirely possible and probable that the roles will be reversed and you'll be the one looking at said person wondering WTF they are doing or thinking. I hope at that exact moment you have a epiphany and recall this post....... there-by breaking the cycle by accepting their little insanities without exposing their (or you own) insecurities.

At this point there is a estimated world population of 6,809,248,481...... and no two people are exactly the same .......... that amounts to alot of differences, n'est-ce pas

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:57 pm
Post subject:

and most importantly - if you can do something fun to bring humor to someone just for a few minutes, why not do it anyway =D

nobody is going to be furious that you're dancing like a dork in the store, but guaranteed you'll get quite a few laughs, and going to the store is boring enough on its own already
DragonQueen
Defying time with hair dye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:22 am
Post subject:

Generally, 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot. *g* Sorry TKB - I read your statistic and that popped into my mind.

I sing or at least hum in the store and don't realize it half the time and then whatever hokey song was playing follows me in my head for an hour or so after. Whether I want it to or not.
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 am
Post subject:

DragonQueen wrote:
Generally, 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot. *g* Sorry TKB - I read your statistic and that popped into my mind.

I sing or at least hum in the store and don't realize it half the time and then whatever hokey song was playing follows me in my head for an hour or so after. Whether I want it to or not.

I agree ...... but i actually went to a web-site for that stat that time, and i did say it's a estimated number. *g*

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

6,809,461,832 at the time of this post........ *wink*

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Janga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:59 am
Post subject:

I sing in the grocery store all the time. In fact I always embarrass my wife because I sing louder when we pass people in the isles....lol
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm
Post subject:

I will sing quietly to myself when by myself, if i am with friends (ie Kate) we will sing a lot louder and maybe feed a little too much off of each other's obnoxioiusness.

I find that I also sing when i am on hold. My neihbors are patient with me. I hate it when the caller picks up the line a good part of a song though,

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
Megaret

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:24 pm
Post subject:

I went shopping the other day when I found myself singing along again... gimme the beat boys and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Bardic Circle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: