The time now is Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:46 am
View unanswered posts
Lady Gaga is a guy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:22 pm
Post subject: Lady Gaga is a guy

I have several friends that will no longer admit they were attracted to her.....him.

As for myself.... I never understood the interest. The music isn't what I listen to... the videos confuse me and to be honest I always thought she..... er he... always tried too hard to be "freaky", which too away from her/his looks IMO. RuPaul was sexy back in the day **shock**

So, uhmmmm, yeah. What do all of you think?

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Hachiko
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:52 am
Post subject:

As for the music, I like Paparazzi.
As for looks, pass.
Fun fact, the jewelry company I work for made an interesting Hello Kitty crotchpiece for one of her performances. I'll see if I can grab a jpg of it and post it.
Megaret

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:39 pm
Post subject:

Why do you think she's a guy?
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:55 pm
Post subject:

http://music.msn.com/scandals/photo-gallery/feature/?icid=MUSIC1&GT1=MUSIC1&photoidx=2

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Post subject:

But that is "Scandals We'd Like to See" not actual scandals *scratches head*

Oh, and TKB, your post about being turned off by the troll with a different name was all the motivation I needed to kick him/her/it to the curb.
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:04 pm
Post subject:

There is that, i guess I misread it. There has been a long standing debate on whether or not lady gaga was a hermaphrodite (possesses both gender parts) and I guess I thought it was finally sorted out. LoL ooops, think she'll sue me?

I'm sorta sorry my post was the final straw to get anyone banned but only sorta, since I find it hard to believe I was the only one whom felt that way. Thank you though.

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:08 pm
Post subject:

You were most def not the only person to feel that way. I felt that way, but didn't want to be totally evil. I am very grouchy these days with very little patience. Hearing it from someone else put it in perspective--it wasn't just me.
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 pm
Post subject:

*rolls eyes and goes back to the important things in life, like Baldur's Gate all-nighters and rice crackers*

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:53 am
Post subject:

I like Lady Gaga's music, and she's a good performer live, if somewhat crazy and eccentric. If she did, in fact, turn out to be a hermaphrodite, or a post-sex-change transsexual, or even a non-sex-change transsexual, I couldn't really care less. Does it change her music?

If you don't like her music, or don't find her sexy, don't listen or watch, but who gives a crap what her sexuality is?

Jade

TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Post subject:

*Standing O for Jade!!!!!*

My thoughts exactly.

I remember my mom talking to about Elton John, and how it was hard for her to figure out if she was supposed/allowed to still like his music when he came out. She finally came to the consensus jade listed above.

Maybe it is becasue I'm from a differnt generation, but it doesn't seem liek a hard question to answer. How does an artists sexually have any impact on weather you like the music or not. In some cases it gives a bit of perspective or possible context for a piece ie Someone saved my life tonight. But really, It's art. Like it or don't like it. How should the views/lifestyle of the creator have an impact on the actual quality or enjoyability of a piece? As I am saying that I wonder if I would be so passionate about defending the art of John Wayne Gacy...but then that is comparing apples to rotten maggot infested innards...

Wow That turned into a bit of a ramble didn't it?

Anyway back to my point! Thank you so much for your post Jade!

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
Megaret

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:14 pm
Post subject:

Lady Gaga kinda reminds me of a female early David Bowie. Not so much music-wise but fashion/persona-wise at least she just seems to have kind of the same thing going on. Kinda. Maybe. Am I alone in this? ^^;
TPM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 pm
Post subject:

Jade wrote:
I like Lady Gaga's music, and she's a good performer live, if somewhat crazy and eccentric. If she did, in fact, turn out to be a hermaphrodite, or a post-sex-change transsexual, or even a non-sex-change transsexual, I couldn't really care less. Does it change her music?

If you don't like her music, or don't find her sexy, don't listen or watch, but who gives a crap what her sexuality is?

Jade

Well, I think it sort of falls into the same category as if you found out that your favorite artist molests little kids. The sad reality of most pop music today that is the image of the artist is so tightly integrated into the art itself that it inherently becomes difficult to separate the art from the artist. It's like how people despise U2 b/c they don't agree with Bono's politics or how Kobe Bryant lost endorsement deals after his rape accusation incident - while we can say that we like to be objective, in today's world, the image of musicians plays just as big a role in selling the music as the music itself.
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 pm
Post subject:

It's funny, though...heavy metal fans in general don't have a reputation for being accepting or, dare I say it, "nice" people...they (I guess I should say "we" since I am one *l*) are supposedly all nihilistic, misanthropic devil-worshipping anarchists who hate God, country, Santa Claus, and everything that is holy and right. At least, this is the popular image that fundamentalists and judgemental, ignorant parents would have everyone believe. And yet, when Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford came out (Priest of course being one of the biggest acts in the genre), I'd say 95% of the metal community either didn't care a whit or were happy for him. He might have been gay, but he was also totally frak'n metal, and that's all that mattered.

It's all part of why I believe the world could learn so very much from heavy metal.

*goes off to play some Turbo*

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 am
Post subject:

I'd do him.

Ah I'd love to be totally evil, if i didn't have this halo here to polish. *polishes halo*

Rob being gay was pretty much an open secret. If you didn't know, you didn't want to believe. After it was official though...what are you gonna do? Turn your back on the greatest vocalist in the history of the genre? I don't think so.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:39 am
Post subject:

TPM - I know what you're saying, and I realize how much image ties into a celebrity's popularity. But there's a big difference between accusations of rape or assault (or child molesting!) and things like politics or sexuality! If my favorite artist turned out to be a child molester, god knows I'd probably boycott them. If they turned out to have really awful politics (by which I mean were seriously bigoted or racist or something) that might affect my feelings towards them, although it's hard to say if I'd really stop listening. God knows there are plenty of crazy whack-jobs in Hollywood, but I'll still go see most of their movies....

In the music biz, though, especially for someone with such a flamboyant and eccentric persona as Lady Gaga, I'm not sure why sexuality should matter. Although I realize there are plenty of homophobes out there who care about such things.... And sadly, transsexuals face far great stigma than gay/lesbian/bi people do. Probably if such a thing were true, it would have a much bigger impact on her career than being gay or bi. Actually, as a woman, being bi is probably a popularity-booster....

Anyway. While I realize there's a minority of people who make an awfully big deal out of sexuality, let's not lump it together with people who ruin their image through committing violent crimes!

Jade

Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:01 am
Post subject:

Yes, bi is ftw.
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:06 am
Post subject:

Also: Bruce is the best metal vocalist in history. Halford comes a close second. The air raid siren just narrowly beats out the beastly scream.

Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:27 pm
Post subject:

Not that this is totally on topic since it doesn't reference Lady Gaga, but several years back when Madonna gave Britney and Christina on stage smooches, it was a big deal, but no one held it against any of the ladies involved (although Xtina was really ripped off as it was only the Madonna/Britney smooch that was replayed over and over and over...) but Adam Lambert kisses a dude on stage and he gets other TV appearances canceled and semi-apologizes for the incident. Our society is just weird.

Anyway, random post. :-)
TPM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:35 am
Post subject:

Alle wrote:
Not that this is totally on topic since it doesn't reference Lady Gaga, but several years back when Madonna gave Britney and Christina on stage smooches, it was a big deal, but no one held it against any of the ladies involved (although Xtina was really ripped off as it was only the Madonna/Britney smooch that was replayed over and over and over...) but Adam Lambert kisses a dude on stage and he gets other TV appearances canceled and semi-apologizes for the incident. Our society is just weird.

Anyway, random post. :-)

Well, we live in a sexist society, despite what everyone might say. There was a quote from an author who was discussing gay storylines in wrestling and he wrote something along the lines of "As a rule, the feeling is that two people of the same sex expressing their love for one another is a beautiful thing, as long as it's two women." So despite all of our "advances," we're still at the stage where male-male is still a no-no, I think.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:53 am
Post subject:

Yeah... They made kind of a big deal out of girl-on-girl making out the first couple times it happened on screen, but it's become not so much of a big deal. Well, guys still make a big deal, but not out of any sense of controversy... But how many tv shows have had guy-on-guy kissing? Even tv shows completely centered on gay guys have virtually nothing actually happen on screen (eg, Will and Grace). Hardly any mainstream movies show anything either.

I remember watching an interview with James Franco after Milk, and he was asked what it was like kissing Sean Penn like it was a really big deal. I bet he got asked that in every single interview, too!

That's one of the things I really loved about Torchwood, that regardless of who was making out, or who was in love, it got pretty much the same treatment on screen. Actually, I think there was a lot more gay kissing than straight...

I have a lot of guy friends who have no problem with me being gay, and at least on an intellectual basis have no problem with other guys being gay... But are totally uncomfortable actually seeing it. Totally uncomfortable with the idea of a gay man hitting on them. Totally uncomfortable with any guy-on-guy touchy feely stuff, even with other straight guys. Actually, I've only ever known 2 straight men who could dance (and I mean seriously dance) with gay guys and be completely unfazed.

I realize not all girls are totally unfazed either, but not very many are creeped out the way most straight guys are.

Anyway...

Jade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: