The time now is Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:25 am
View unanswered posts
Just in case anyone cares :P
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 am
Post subject:

Rhodric wrote:
You're the same xin that commented on brandon's photo of TGS right? I was all, that person looks familiar....

Are there a lot of other xinphelds floating around? Cos I'd like to meet them.

Or maybe I wouldn't...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:52 am
Post subject:

Mnonkey wrote:
LunaRaven wrote:
With the possibility of sounding even sillier than usual(a hard feat, I know), what is SNES?

Well, while it does indeed sound silly to me, I'm not one to judge one's lack of knowledge of the things that are TRULY important in life. SNES stands for Super Nintendo Entertainment System. And as far as I'm concerned, it was the single best gaming system ever made XD It's games are still being copied on a regular basis, because game developers have run out of original ideas these days. You get games like Chrono Trigger (and yes, I'm a little biased :P) that are currently on their third release, (One for the SNES, one for the Playstation, and currently on the Nintendo DS) simply because, no matter how they try, they can't come up with a game that has more to offer on their own.

Woah...just woke up in the middle of the night, to find myself being asked what a SNES is...and started a mini CT rant...I might be dreaming...

*edit*
I just woke up, and checked to see if this actually happened...and apparently it did...strange :P

Ah, I see. I've never actually heard of Chrono Tiger(*doges thrown console controllers*). At the risk of sounding silly again(yes,I know. It's hard), what does DLed mean Monkey Monk?
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:32 am
Post subject:

DL in this context = 'download'. Silly bird.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:42 am
Post subject:

While I admit to being perfectly silly, you humans and your lingo and jargons nowadays. You just make us silly people sillier, which in turn make mushrooms grow oddly(because silly people let off spores of sillyness that make mushrooms, and mushrooms are not helped by confused spores)
DaystarBFB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:29 pm
Post subject:

you are absurdly funny luna and that is a good thing. And just to add my two cents. My fav snes games
1.Super metroid - nothing else like it
2.finial fantasy 6 - the best final fantasy
3. Super mario rpg - all the coolness of FF wrapped in mario goodness.
4. Link to the past - Countless games copied this formula of greatness.
5. Lagoon - just for the opening music. it rocks.

P.s. I actually own all these games on snes. Still remember when I paid 80 bucks to buy SMRPG:LotSS. Good times.... Got stuck in Crono trigger about 7 years ago and never finished it so I couldn't rate it highly(thats my revenge).
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:43 am
Post subject:

psshaw the best final fantasy. FFIV ftw, the original ATB. And I'll have to piss off the zelda fans and say side scrolling zelda II is my favorite zelda game. Although lot of fun with the original. Anybody remember the "zelda" and up A cheats? lol
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:36 pm
Post subject:

Zelda II, wasn't that links awakening? on NES? The second one? With castles and downstab?

I LOVE that one! it's the best ever!
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:29 pm
Post subject:

Dudde wrote:
Zelda II, wasn't that links awakening? on NES? The second one?

No. Zelda II is actually the fifth one, not the second. Common misconception.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:15 pm
Post subject:

Link's awaking was released for gameboy and is indeed the fifth one. I was talking about Zelda II: The Adventure of Link though. Which was released in japan Jun 1987 and American and Europe Nov 1988 and is indeed the 2nd in the series. Yes it did have downstab and upthrust as well as magic spells and experience points. Eight dungeons and the Grand Palace where you fought your own shadow to regain the triforce of courage and awaken princess Zelda. Game's awesome. I think I beat it without dying once. Those were the days.
DaystarBFB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:49 am
Post subject:

I never really liked zelda II because it was more like an adventuring Mario than a zelda. It is the odd ball of the bunch , but some people like it for that very reason. Final Fantasy IV was good but had no custom abilitys like VI. Zelda II is almost as crazy as making a Final Fantasy fighting game...
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:00 am
Post subject:

FF6 had a few unique abilities like terra's morph, or celes runic, but by in large, in a realistic sense, every character could learn every major ability. I never liked that. I'd much rather have unique character classes like in IV.

While I don't agree with your assessment of Zelda II, it's funny that you should compare it to Mario. Mario and Zelda were created by the same man, so similar characteristics aren't all that oddball.
Dudde

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:53 pm
Post subject:

My bad, I mean the adventures of link, Link's awakening (SUCK) is just the last one I played. And by the way. I hate it. Just playing it to help someone out.

you know what I meant though!

that game has to be one of the sweetest ever made. I love the music. Got it in my head now. mwahaha
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:39 pm
Post subject:

did you ever watch the zelda television show dudde? It was on fridays instead of mario. zelda was always kicking link's ass...was awesome.

da da da da da-da-da-da
Dudde

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:37 pm
Post subject:

You know, I did, but I don't really remember it. You know. I was only born in 85. I grew up on teh wuzzles
DaystarBFB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:58 pm
Post subject:

I was born in '86 and I remember the Mario show and the Zelda show. Zelda show had a different story line with the trifoce being seperated into power , courage , and wisdom parts(link had courage). They also made comic books about them . Zelda was the best of them.
FF IV had only about 5 or so abilities in the whole game that wasnt a type of magic. No relics to customize, just gaining a magic spell with your lvl. Story was great , but it is a pretty good chance our final teams would be the same except for lvl. That is kinds lame dont ya think. VI has more choice and choice is one of the things that make a good rpg. Story is the other important thing .
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:23 am
Post subject:

Damn you kids are young. To be honest, I think customization is gay. When you can make every character like every other, it doesn't feel real to me. Maybe its my table top roots but i want that magic user to have low hp and high mp. that paladin to have hi hp high strength. I don't want them to all be able to learn the same abilities. I definitely grew up on D&D and dragon warrior. Now I'm not saying I dislike FF6. I have a first printing original cart of it. Its a great game. I just think for my money, FF4 was more revolutionary, and ahead of its time than 6 was. And I like the characters and story better. So I suppose what we have here is merely a difference of preference and opinons.
DaystarBFB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:48 am
Post subject:

Dang, I havent been called a kid in a loooong time. I was like 6'4'' and 250 lbs in 10th grade so that might have something to do with it. :) We just have a minor difference in opinions , since we both thought each game was great.I have just played alot of RPGs and they start to seem the same if the characters are always type cast. As long as you dont go all crazy and say Final fantasy IX was the best in the series then we are good. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: