The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:26 am
View unanswered posts
Sci-Fi Classic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victrix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 am
Post subject: Sci-Fi Classic

I see no mention in this forum of the classic GDW RPG Traveller (not the modern one or Traveller 2300 or any other variant, but the original Traveller.) As a fast-approaching-old man I used to play all these games in their original form. D&D in a box before it became AD&D and so on.

Traveller was always my fave sci-fi though. So much room for creation and variation. And low-tech too. More liek Star Wars than Star Trek. And all using d6, so no one had to lose a d4 and then step on it going to get the beer.

So. Anyone here play traveller? If so let's kick off with the best stories from our old campaigns eh?
victrix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 am
Post subject: Pranks

Tell you what: I'll start.

I ran Traveller and the 4 players had a type S Scout (you know - the one that looks like a mini Star Destroyer.)

One of the characters was tremendously unpopular with his crew. Not the player, you understand, just the character, so it was all good fun. Cabin Boy (as they used to call him) fell foul of many pranks during the campaign over 4 years. I can remember 4 clearly:

1. Over 6 months, the other 3 crew members painstakingly trained the ship's cat to urinate in Cabin Boy's bunk.

2. They replaced the chocolate milk shake in the common room with marmite flavour while he was feeling ill.

3. They filled his Vacc Suit with custard and then called the emergency drill and decompressed the ship.

4. On shore-leave they drugged him, dressed him in Gold Lame Hot Pants, wrote 'Tosser' on his back in suntan cream and left him on the beach while they went on a 4 week mission.

Anyone else got a better tale?
victrix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am
Post subject: Addendum

Off subject, I know, but I was playing good old Sid Meier's Colonization just now and had one of my settlers turned away by an Indian Village for being 'uncouth'. I laughed like a drain when I realised I'd just shouted "UNCOUTH? I AM NOT F###ING UNCOUTH!" at my monitor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: