The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:52 am
View unanswered posts
The Call of Cthulhu Arkham Horror

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGiantTentacle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:44 am
Post subject: The Call of Cthulhu Arkham Horror

Anybody ever heard of this game? It's a very (very..) complicated board game based on H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos books. I got it as a present last week and decided to try it out yesterday evening :)

Let's just say that with 5 players it took us 3 hours to play 4 turns... after that I had to turn in

Granted, there was wine involved.. and maybe some beer.. and we should've started earlier and memorised the entire manual, but still!

Duration and difficulty aside, this is an awesome game that you should really check out if you like long-lasting eerie board games with tons of suspension. The system is also really cool because all players are working together to stop the Ancient Evil from rising, you can pick a character card (which is cool, I was Dexter Drake, the Magician, while one of my mates was Sister Clarence, the Nun, haha, there's also a photographer, a private eye, ... basicly it determines your stats and starting items etc.) and randomly draw one of the Ancient Evils you will be fearing to awaken!

Combine this with some dark music and you've got a fun filled evening (we put on some Sunn O))) and Sleep)

There's also 5 expansions, but I'm gonna wait a bit with those seeing as we aren't experts at the basics yet ;)

I'll link the website:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15987

[edit] official webpage is apparantly
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: