The time now is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:52 am
View unanswered posts
Nachos!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite kind of nachos?
BBQ
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Mild Cheese
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Spicy Cheese
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Salsa
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Other (Please Describe!!)
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:37 pm
Post subject:

I like both square AND rectangle chips in my nachos
/1337
maethefae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:00 pm
Post subject:

Yeah, my metaphor failed. : P I always crushed mine up before I eat them because I have a terrible tendency of cutting my mouth on anything with a points (that's edible). I just eat really weird overall though. My boyfriend, friends,family, and pretty much anyone that has seen me eat always finds something humorous. I eat everything in order from least favorite to favorite, dissecting everything in the process just to achieve the perfect 'last bite'. I've actually cried a couple of times because a majestically wonderfully delicious last bite was ruined. This is really what drives most of my weird eating habits. Wow that was off topic. lol oH well, it involves food so it counts. XD
Dudde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:20 am
Post subject:

Nice!

I don't know about the crying part, but I usually play with my food if I'm not distracted and wolfing it down very quickly, and I ALWAYS eat least favorite to most - that's just logical =0
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:37 am
Post subject:

Funny thing happened on the way to the forum...er I mean at work. This Lady drove up who's a resident at the housing development that I'm a Security Officer for on sundays and her nephew gives me nachos topped with steak 2 cheeses and refried beans. Good times.
TheGiantTentacle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:26 am
Post subject:

That's awesome, the only things I get at work is a kick in the butt and a whole lot of angry phonecalls!
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 am
Post subject:

Rhodric wrote:
You people and your crazy combinations. Some how my mental picture of caryla didn't involve a smirnoff ice. Seems a tad girly.

Well, I'm a girl so :-P Generally speaking, I prefer yummy tasting alcohol. The only beers I drink are Bud/Miller Light and Coronas.

I wish I randomly got nachos at work :(
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dudde

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm
Post subject:

Hey I like Smirnoff ice and girly beers, they make AWESOME chasers! Although maybe nobody but Rhodric would agree with me, seeing as how nobody knows what I drink...

oh well. with nachos, I usually prefer a heavier beer I must agree, something like dos equis or something german (I don't have a taste for american beer..)

Quote:
That's awesome, the only things I get at work is a kick in the butt and a whole lot of angry phonecalls!

oo! oo! pick me pick me! I do that too =D
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 pm
Post subject:

I love to dip my chips in Tostitos Salsa con Queso. I also love to bake together a layers of refried beans, salsa and cheddar cheese, then dip my chips in it. I will also make super nachos--chips, refried beans, nacho cheese, guac, salsa, olives, tomatos, sour cream. Yummy!
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:38 pm
Post subject:

Homemade nacho chips with two types of homemade, spicy salsas. One is extra spicy cheese salsa made with jalepenos, thai chiles, and spicy cheese. The other is homemade tomatoe salsa with cilantro, grilled corn, thai peppers, chives, lime juice, and cayenne pepper. The chips are usually dusted with oregano and ground hot pepper.

All of this is washed down with water filled with mint icecubes.
Dudde

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:32 am
Post subject:

I got nothin. That sounds pretty spectacular! You should come over to my house sometime, I've been looking to pickup my homemade chip making ways again, but I'm afraid it's fallen off my brain!
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:31 pm
Post subject:

Perhaps I'll come over and bring some goblins along(even purple ones). They usually have the best opinions on the spicyness of a dish. Wonderful taste testers they are.

Speaking of bananas, you can have banana nachos for dessert. Banana chips are very popular on this island. The sauce that you dip the chips in can range from a peanut butter sauce, ice cream, sweet cream cheese dip, and sweet chile sauce. Just be sure not to eat them around the Bananas in Pajamas.
Dudde

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:59 pm
Post subject:

praytell, how does one make banana chips? The usual method of dehydration?
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:26 pm
Post subject:

Dudde wrote:

Oh, there are many methods to make banana chips. Some magical, some culinary. On method is to dry them with pixie dust, but unless you're chummy with an pixies you probably won't be able to achieve this wonderful method. Another is frying, which I don't reccomend. It detracts from the sweetness of the chips, and its also a rather unhealthy method. The other, prefered, culinary method is to dry them. This can be accomplished in a home dehydrater, or an oven. I don't have a dehydrater, so I use pixie dust...but an oven will do as well, or solar trays for us enviornmentall friendly people. The oven process Is long, and if the outside temperature is hot I don't reccomend it. Here, when it's hot outside, it's mercilessly hot when an oven is turned on inside. There's an interesting link here describes the frying and drying process. Both are very similar to the local methods.

That is, if you don't have pixie dust. Pixie dust makes everything easier.
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:29 pm
Post subject:

Wow, Luna, I'm pretty sure the out and out spiciness of your nachos wouldcause me to go into cardiac arrest... I can't handle much spice!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:00 pm
Post subject:

Caryla wrote:
Wow, Luna, I'm pretty sure the out and out spiciness of your nachos wouldcause me to go into cardiac arrest... I can't handle much spice!

Well, I am a LunaRaven. That fact alone means I can handle exceptionally spicy food(even magically delicious spicy lucky charms). If the fact that I wasn't a LunaRaven enough, I've lived and traded peppers with the goblins in the jungle out back for years. They've taught me the ways of spicy food. Some of my favorite snacks are Jalepenos, and Celery with hot sauce.

The Banana nachos aren't all that spicy though(I do add some chili pepper in the sauce, but it's fairly mild).
maethefae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:44 pm
Post subject:

Rhodric wrote:
Funny thing happened on the way to the forum...er I mean at work. This Lady drove up who's a resident at the housing development that I'm a Security Officer for on sundays and her nephew gives me nachos topped with steak 2 cheeses and refried beans. Good times.

You're so lucky! I would probably be suspicious of poison though.
maethefae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:47 pm
Post subject:

Caleyna wrote:
I love to dip my chips in Tostitos Salsa con Queso. I also love to bake together a layers of refried beans, salsa and cheddar cheese, then dip my chips in it. I will also make super nachos--chips, refried beans, nacho cheese, guac, salsa, olives, tomatos, sour cream. Yummy!

I've done that second one before. Nom!
maethefae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:23 pm
Post subject:

LunaRaven wrote:
Dudde wrote:

Oh, there are many methods to make banana chips. Some magical, some culinary. On method is to dry them with pixie dust, but unless you're chummy with an pixies you probably won't be able to achieve this wonderful method. Another is frying, which I don't reccomend. It detracts from the sweetness of the chips, and its also a rather unhealthy method. The other, prefered, culinary method is to dry them. This can be accomplished in a home dehydrater, or an oven. I don't have a dehydrater, so I use pixie dust...but an oven will do as well, or solar trays for us enviornmentall friendly people. The oven process Is long, and if the outside temperature is hot I don't reccomend it. Here, when it's hot outside, it's mercilessly hot when an oven is turned on inside. There's an interesting link here describes the frying and drying process. Both are very similar to the local methods.

That is, if you don't have pixie dust. Pixie dust makes everything easier.

I will have to try that! With pixie dust of course.
Celania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:47 pm
Post subject:

Patrick wrote:
In another area of the universe I am a High Priest of Cheese.

You don't happen to mean WoW when you say that, do you? Because I seriously had someone in my guild whose roleplay was as the High Priest of Cheese.

No joke.

As far as nachos go...Mmm...this thread is making me hungry! I love them with cheese, refried beans, some sort of mean (beef, chicken, etc), sour cream, and guacamole. All that good stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: