The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:46 am
View unanswered posts
Magic: The Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:58 am
Post subject:

You people are so evil. *Hunkers down behind her massive health.* Leave me alone! :-P Hehe.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:13 am
Post subject:

magic is too nerdy for me. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons all the way.
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:42 am
Post subject:

oh yeah, that combo, it's really just a lot of cards together I happen to love, in most any order:

Devouring Strossus - 9/9 flying, trample, sacrifice a creature each turn to keep in play, sacrifice a creature to regen

Do or Die - sorcery, separate all creatures target player controls into two face up piles. Destroy all creatures in the pile of that players choice. They can't be regenerated.

Exhume - sorcery, each player puts a creature card from his or her graveyard into play

Breeding Pit - basically, two swamps/turn for a thrull token at the end of each turn, 0/1

Volrath the Fallen ha, 6/4, tap 1 and 1B, discard a creature card from your hand: he gets +x/+x until end of turn where x is the creatures converted mana cost (...the devouring strossus cost 8)

Tormod's crypt cost 0, tap to sacrifice and remove all cards from target players graveyard from the game =D
roguefreelancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:06 pm
Post subject:

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but any of my decks would eat you alive. :-D
Dudde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:14 pm
Post subject:

That's because my decks are 5 years old and they're all crazy now =c

in a counter to the nicest way possible, I could definitely take you on with your fancy cards, I've beaten quite a few youngins recently!
roguefreelancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:24 pm
Post subject:

The last time I purchased cards was in 2002. So mine aren't any newer than yours. Secondly, bring it on!
Dudde

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16 pm
Post subject:

very nice, so we're good to go, that's when all mine were purchased

w00t w00t
TAKE THIS
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:18 pm
Post subject:

A free flying wall? o.O
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dudde

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 pm
Post subject:

I'll have you know I've had that sucker up to a 20/22 with flying and first strike and trample! BOOYA

just in the beginning, with stupid 1/1's, it's a good blocker, especially when you play with a goblin or sliver deck and throw a bravado on there
DaystarBFB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:30 pm
Post subject:

I have played magic for about 1o years or so now. I have 1 deck for each color and a few themes(spirit, charge counter, etc). 2 of my cousins play so I always have opponents. I would like to know one of your decks because there is a huge diference sometimes (I played against a Cycling deck once...it was really bad).
Lathana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:47 am
Post subject:

I have a black and artifact deck constructed back in the days of Mirrodin. Have some pretty epic stuff in there - Plaguewind for example is 'destroy all creatures you don't control' and Platinum Angel is 'you can't lose the game and your opponent can't win' and some lovely dragons. But it's a very chaotic deck so I always have fun with it, I'm not one to construct decks with multiple cards so I have a good chance of getting certain combos, I have more fun not knowing what's coming next.

I love making fun combos though, no matter how unlikely they are. Some favourites (and I've forgotten the card names) are a Black and White deck that contains one card that lets you play lands from your graveyard, and another that sends all lands in the game to peoples graveyards.

Another combo is getting a saproling deck and combining it with the red card that says that for one turn your attack and defense is equal to the number of attackers. Gather a horde of whatever kind of 1/1 creatures you can and that gets pretty epic! You lose them all at the end of the turn, but the game should be over by then.

And ooh I used to play regularly with friends in six player games, and I had a spell deck specifically designed to let people kill each others creatures. I had no creatures in my deck, so it was like turning them all against each other in a fun chaotic mess. That made it tricky to defend, but it was oh so fun.

And just for the record, I never played in tournaments, just with friends. Never got into the serious side of it.
www.sentientonline.net
coldbeer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:56 pm
Post subject:

oh man back in the day we used to get a keg, and like 10-15 people over have a drunk MTG back alley brawl, so nerdy but so much fun. It usually ended with beer soaked cards and people throwing dice or counters at one another.
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:30 pm
Post subject:

coldbeer wrote:
oh man back in the day we used to get a keg, and like 10-15 people over have a drunk MTG back alley brawl, so nerdy but so much fun. It usually ended with beer soaked cards and people throwing dice or counters at one another.

Got a time machine? I feel like going "back in the day."
coldbeer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:39 pm
Post subject:

Caryla wrote:
coldbeer wrote:

Got a time machine? I feel like going "back in the day."

When I get one you will be the first to know, keep me in mind too :)
DaystarBFB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:49 pm
Post subject:

How much have you actually spent on Magic? I was just thinking about it. I have easily spent hundreds over the years . Crazy when you think about it .
Dudde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:02 am
Post subject:

actually I had a huge circle of trading going on back in the day, (which was a wednesday), I've spent a lot, but probably no more than ~$100
DaystarBFB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 pm
Post subject:

I have always liked infinite damage combos. It is always nice to say ," You lose one millllion life."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: