The time now is Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:58 pm
View unanswered posts
Magic: The Gathering
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roguefreelancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:34 pm
Post subject: Magic: The Gathering

Since it is quite fitting with the genre and possibly the personality of some who enjoy fantasy, are there any here who have played it?

A pretty good group of us played this almost every day all 4 years of high school. It brings back fond memories. I'd love to discuss the game if anyone else plays.
Salamander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:40 am
Post subject:

I have played it years ago while still at school. Must
be over well... 10 years now since I last played it.
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 pm
Post subject:

I haven't played since 2004, but I still have my old decks! Especially my black deck, racks and racklings and vicelings FTW in discard/kill creature decks
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:09 am
Post subject:

The last time I played was... Sunday. Heh.

I have a cleric deck and a Kithkin deck. *g* I also won 2/3 games.

*cough* I might, possibly, be a dork.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roguefreelancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:22 pm
Post subject:

I've got (somewhere) a pretty killer land destruction deck. It's pretty brutal.
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:45 pm
Post subject:

I played actually like 3 weeks ago, but I didn't build the deck...so I don't count it. =c
plus, it was a sucky deck. I hate creature decks with a passion, I'd rather squish them all!! (of course you need creatures to do your bidding, they just shouldn't be relied on)

omgosh, I dont' like cleric decks - discard/killcreature/direct damage vs. Cleric deck = the person with the fewest card loses? RAWR

Quote:

maaaan were I 10 years younger, you rock!
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:31 am
Post subject:

Dudde wrote:
omgosh, I dont' like cleric decks - discard/killcreature/direct damage vs. Cleric deck = the person with the fewest card loses? RAWR

Quote:

maaaan were I 10 years younger, you rock!

Hahaha. I have one card in there that if I get 50 health, I win automatically. I also have cards that give you life for each white creature played or white spell played... Playing them against another white type deck is sooooo OP.

Pfft. I wish I was 10 years younger. I wouldn't have to pay bills.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dudde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:56 pm
Post subject:

Not to sound too forward, but you could probably live with me =D

in fact, you can replace my current, not-as-cool roommate, who doesn't pay bills either!
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:32 pm
Post subject:

Hahaha appreciate that :D
Nimblefingers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 am
Post subject:

hey guys I play magic too...

My favourite deck is my pox deck... thats a discard/land destruction/life eater deck... it is sooo nice... too bad it's not good enough for competitive play... I played a lot a couple of years ago but now all my friends stopped so I don't play that much anymore...

I have a lot of cards too... lots of the old dual lands and Fow and so on!!!! it's a great game and very social to play in my opinion!

-Nimblefingers
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:24 pm
Post subject:

Gah my boyfriend has a deck (and I've only played it once so I don't remember what kind of deck it was... Red. I don't know the technicalities or anything, I just know how to play my decks..) anyway. Rambling sorry. He has a deck that destroys plains.

It pisses me off because both of my decks are white. >.<
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:34 pm
Post subject:

I totally hate land-killing decks. My cousin one time bought a card specifically for my counter-deck, had a card called an`zerrin ruins or something. Essentially, tap all islands. Islands do not untap during the players untap phase....

that jerk
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:50 pm
Post subject:

Exactly. So lame. Gah. My decks leave me mana-....screwed... more often than not anyway. I don't need something that goes ahead and kills whatever lands i DO manage to get out.
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:53 pm
Post subject:

that's definitely not good. That's why I loved my black deck so much, I spent too much time organizing it, I rarely had mana problems =D I'll have to dig it out when I get home, there was a totally SWEET combo I had with it that was hilarious, I mean besides creatures with sacrifice costs and gravediggers and exhumes...
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:42 am
Post subject:

You two are such nerds. I'm depressed. Someone just stole 50 million in currency from my friend on the mmorpg we play together. So he's quitting. Think i'll go read until I fall asleep...
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 am
Post subject:

Rhodric wrote:
You two are such nerds. I'm depressed. Someone just stole 50 million in currency from my friend on the mmorpg we play together. So he's quitting. Think i'll go read until I fall asleep...

Yeah. WE'RE nerds. Although I would definitely quit over that too, if not for the fact that there is no way I could save up 50 mil even in a game.

We should play magic via messages Dudde. No cheating. LOL.
TheGiantTentacle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:46 am
Post subject:

There is an online version of Magic the Gathering, I also think there are a couple fan made programs that let you play online without having to re-buy your cards in digital form ;)

I used to play a lot, had a big Sliver Deck combining fast into play (aether vial), counterspells (isochron sceptre w/ counterspell), artifact/enchantment destruction (isochron sceptre w/ hull breach), token creation (sliver queen) and creatureboosting (all slivers do this :p)

(imagine: all slivers gain +4/+4, flying, trample, ... while having 30+ sliver tokens and 7 big slivers in play, muhahaha)

anyway people got bored with always losing to that deck :( so I made a black/blue counter/discard deck with psychatog, people got sick of that pretty soon too, after that my interest dwindled... What's the point in spending time in building good decks if nobody wants to play against them?
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:26 am
Post subject:

The people I generally play with tend to have swarm decks, namely Elf and Goblin. So they get out like, fifty BILLION creatures (almost literally) and just... gah. I don't ever get out that many creatures (although my kithkin deck can pull out quite a few. And so can my cleric if I get the right hand.)

My problem with it is I don't ever attack until I know I can win in a turn or two, or until I'm sure they can't block. I just sit there and amass health and lands until I either a) die or b) win. Haha.

But I love my cleric deck. I think we ended one game when I had over 200 health. We kinda just... quit. I have a card that gives me an insta-win with 50+ health, but I can never seem to get it out when I need it.
roguefreelancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Post subject:

I downloaded that fan made program but didn't have anyone to play with. I haven't had a real challenge in years. It would be fun play against one of you. I'd even treat you to the pleasure that is my land destruction deck :D
Dudde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:08 pm
Post subject:

nice. I found my black deck and found the combo I used to play with glee, I'll have to show it to you guys when I get home - people stopped playing against my black deck 1v1 for a while too and only ganged up on it, so I made blue/black after a while, which happened to be a mass discard/kill creature deck =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: