The time now is Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:00 am
View unanswered posts
Sangria, as promised
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:43 pm
Post subject:

Nice!

*putting on jacket to leave for Seelie's house*

you know, everytime I enter one of my friends' moms kitchens, they always get like defensive to an extent, like they think I'm there to judge their stock or find flaws in their flip-style o.0 weird
seelie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:52 pm
Post subject:

Awww.....you don't have to wear a jacket! Hell, you can show up in your jammies if you want to. I actually love it when people tell me what they think, good or bad. It helps me know whether I need to tweak a dish or not.
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:16 pm
Post subject:

Dudde, they're just eyeing you weird because you're a freak.

btw, why don't you ever call me anymore??!! *stalk stalk stalk*
seelie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:35 am
Post subject:

awww... that's not nice to say. I think.........

How was everyone's Easter/Zombie Jesus Day? good eats, I hope.
Dudde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 am
Post subject:

I went to a Chinese buffet for Zombie Jesus day, it was actually totally sweet! I would've cooked, but there were only two of us - all the real fun happens 2K miles northwest with my family in WA =c

Quote:
btw, why don't you ever call me anymore??!! *stalk stalk stalk*

Sorry, I was so busy scoping out your place for defensive weakness I forgot to call. I'll give you a ring as soon as I get back with your copies of Suikoden II and Ogre Battle!
seelie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 am
Post subject:

sooooo..... I probably shouldn't tell you about the pomegranut lamb that we had, huh??
Dudde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:27 pm
Post subject:

Pomegranate has to be one of the best smelling things EVER. I know because I have it in my tea, and my handsoaps in my house. Makes me wish my hand were edible sometimes.
seelie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:52 pm
Post subject:

I think you may be my soul mate! That is my absolute favorite scent. And up there on my list of flavors and foods.
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:20 pm
Post subject:

Nice!

We should totally throw a Pomegranate party and just cook like 80 pounds of food. I'm down for that. We just gotta find someone to eat the food so it doesn't go to waste...
seelie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:52 am
Post subject:

I am sure that we could find people to eat....... MAN, I am very proud of myself this morning. I tried a new reciper that I saw on Food Network last weekend...... asparagus & melon salad.

Grilled some fresh asparagus with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Cubed up cantelope and fresh mozzerella cheese. Then I made a balsamic vinegarette, took 4 slices of pruschetta and baked them in the oven until they were extra cripsy..... I tossed the melon and cheese in the vinegarette, placed it on top of the asparagus and then crumbled the prucschetta on top. it was divine! Even had enough left for lunch today.I made texas toast garlic bread with melted cheese to go with it......

Definitely a keeper!
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:42 am
Post subject:

does prucschetta = pancetta? as in italian bacon? because I thought pruchetta was italian bread with fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil on it. putting some italian bacon on that recipe makes more sense than croutons, flavorwise in my head.

but the recipe sounds awesome. it's a flavor cavalcade!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seelie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 pm
Post subject:

my bad.... i meant Prosciutto........ but yeah, it's italian bacon crumbled up.
seelie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:06 am
Post subject:

just wanted to brag a little about the fantastic chicken quesadilla's we made last night! Took 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and boiled them with a spicy chili herb mix, shredded it and then added about 1 and a half pounds of shredded colby/jack cheese. Homemade salsa and sour cream...... YUM. Made a version of the sangria with tequila and grenadine that turned out better than I thought it would....... it was a good Cinco de Mayo!
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:18 pm
Post subject:

So I don't mean to pry, but where did you say you lived again? hey, and don't skimp on the street address and daily hangouts.

...not to be weird or anything...
seelie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:52 am
Post subject:

until the fall I live in Pittsburgh. But I will be moving to Houston. And I can't everyone stalking me for food so the address stays a mystery for now.....
Dudde

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:57 am
Post subject:

Okay, there are some weird people who live up in...uh....wait nevermind....

but when you get down to houston, you should totally throw a party!
seelie

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 pm
Post subject:

there will definitely be parties involved........ and LOTS of cooking!

Okay. Last nights scrumptiousness was Greek Nachos

Take pita bread and cut it into wedges, brush it with a little butter and bake it until they are golden brown. Smother them with spinach artichoke dip, black olives, green olives gyro meat, lices tomatoes and mozzerella & feta cheeses, back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Delightful!!
Dudde

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:46 am
Post subject:

No offense intended or anything, I ate at golden corral.... man when you stop cooking for yourself, you become a huge fat guy like me. I think I might take that last recipe from Seelie and us it to kick off a cooking spree again!

YAY!
seelie

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:36 pm
Post subject:

Ha!! You can steal any recipe you want. And if you have an idea, but aren't sure what to do, PM me and I will come up with something. Now.... on the the deliciousness from Saturday...........

bonless skinless chicken breast, pounded out to about a 1/2 an inch thick. Marinate in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, water and a half of a packet of the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix. Let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes or so.

On the chicken spread on a layer of boreskin cheese, roll up the chicken and tie. Use and egg wash seasoned with some of the ranch dressing powder and then roll in crushed corn flakes. Fry them up in some vegetable oil (about 8 minutes a side on all 4 sides).

Placed on a bed of broccolli, cheese & rice with a nice fresh salad and a loaf of italian bread. YUM!!!
Dudde

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 pm
Post subject:

...That just made me so full....

although it does sound good!
I wouldn't figure a balsamic to go well with ranch though, what's that effect going for? It may be because I don't get along well with Vinegar though, sometimes we get into scuffles :c

PSH, now I gotta find boreskin cheese!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: