The time now is Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm
View unanswered posts
Contrustion Puzzle games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Post subject: Contrustion Puzzle games

Ok so i use to play like the incredible machine all the time back in the day. It gave you all sorts of differnt tools and gadgets you put together in order to achmpish a goal like running a tredmill or lighting a fuse. It was a lot of fun, but i eventually tired of the genre.

A few months ago a friend sent me to a flash site http://fantasticcontraption.com. I found myself hooked and started to play this stie quite a bit. Lots of fun much more simple in the tools you use to achomlish your tasks.

Now yesterday we downloaded a demo from steam, for a third party indie game called world of Goo. Really fun so much so that we downloaded the full game to our Wii. The Wii supports mulitplayer contruction. The goal of the game is you use little balls of goo to build towers in order to reach the end of the map. sounds really simple and it is in concept, but it was so much fun. Quite entertaining!!! I highly recomnd this game to any puzzle nuts. It is also good for casual gamers. If you like tetris you'll love this one.

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:11 pm
Post subject:

omg. my son has world of goo on the wii. it's a great game!
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:32 pm
Post subject:

I haven't played world of goo, nor do I have a wii, but I happen to LOVE fantastic contraption, and 'ingenuity welcome' has a good game as well.

Puzzle games for the WIN
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am
Post subject:

Dude!!!! um i mean Dudde!!!! you can get the demo if you have a steam account. Steam is free. just go on over here and take a look: steampowered.com. you can prolly download the World of Goo Demo by itself somewhere else, but i highly reccomend Steam cause they get great deals on games. Always check with your local game store first though, sometime a local store has better deals but not always. There are also free weekends for games sometimes. Like last week Unreal tornemant 3 (black eddtion) allowed you to download the full game, play it online for free, and if you wanted to buy it it was 11.99.

I'm not an unreal fan, but it is a good example.

You don't get a box copy, but your steam id rembers all the games you bought and installed from valve. Even the retail copies so they stay yours forever.

Wow that was a tangent Anyway i guess my point was you should check out the free demo of World of Goo :)

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:17 pm
Post subject:

I don't know that it has any bearing on this post but you guys made me think of marble madness? you guys remember that game at all? Came out for the NES. was awesome. I have steam. It seems pretty cool. Waiting for them to get The Last Remnant. Ran the demo on my computer and it ran pretty well, so can't wait for the game.
Dudde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:08 pm
Post subject:

I actually owned marble madness until I gave my NES to my Grandfather a while back, he's got it though, and it works! sweet game!

I'll have to check out that thingy you guys are talking about ...
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:15 pm
Post subject:

Whoa duuddde. Marble Madness. thats righteous man.
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:10 pm
Post subject:

I think that the guys who made marble madness made a game called murcury revolution. or i think that is was what it was called. I've seen it in the wii section. it temps me but i have as yet to give in.
-M. S. Peck
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:05 am
Post subject:

Maybe i will try it sometime. I have a wii. I was mostly being nostalgic though. Sadly there isn't enough hours in the day for all the games, book, things i want to do. ;;
Dudde

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:01 am
Post subject:

Nostalgia takes a back seat to determination, and I'm totally determined to get my hands on happy good games from way back when, cause a lot of stuff coming out is so.. boring...

There's actually an xbox 360 arcade game that's like marble madness, it's pretty sweet, although it doesn't make me not want to get that back from me grampa soon as he doesn't play the NES anymore =D
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:32 pm
Post subject:

I think you're determined to get to 1000 posts before anyone else on the board! haha cool go for it. there's a lot of games i'd like to get on emulator..hmm hmm any one know about sega saturn emulators out there that i could play with the acutal discs or dreamcast? i think my saturn and dreamcast are both dead but the games still work ;;
Dudde

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:38 pm
Post subject:

Am not. =P

I don't know of any emulators to play the disks, just the emulators online to play the games. I need a Sega CD one, Dark Wizard is still one of the THE coolest games ever.
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:09 pm
Post subject:

ah sega cd i wouldn't mind playing vay again or popful of mail. lots of great games for sega cd.
Prusillus

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:28 pm
Post subject:

Is Sega CD different from Dreamcast? Sorry, I've always been more of an online gamer and I don't remember that brand name off the top of my head.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:07 am
Post subject:

SegaCD was an attachment for the Sega Genesis. It was, I believe, the first consumer-level CD game system, such as it was. I still have one in my basement (the attach-on-the-side kind). I don't have a lot of games for it though. I should scour eBay and see if I can find some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_CD

http://classicgaming.gamespy.com/View.php?view=ConsoleMuseum.Detail&id=51&game=12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dudde

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:05 am
Post subject:

DUDE!
You should get this game!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Wizard

/love
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:20 am
Post subject:

Suddenly I have an urge to crack open SonicCD and do some serious damage to my gaming thumb.

Has anyone ever tried getting ROMs for the SegaCD to put on a disc and play in the actual unit? I wouldn't feel bad about doing so, considering they're not in production anymore and I'd just be avoiding lining the pockets of resellers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prusillus

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:00 pm
Post subject:

Xinpheld wrote:
SegaCD was an attachment for the Sega Genesis. It was, I believe, the first consumer-level CD game system, such as it was. I still have one in my basement (the attach-on-the-side kind). I don't have a lot of games for it though. I should scour eBay and see if I can find some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_CD

http://classicgaming.gamespy.com/View.php?view=ConsoleMuseum.Detail&id=51&game=12

Ah, thank you. Yeah I've never heard of or seen that. Before my time, I guess.
Dudde

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:17 pm
Post subject:

???
I owned one when I was 11 (through 19) and I'm only 24, whoa you must be young!

I feel so old!

Quote:
Has anyone ever tried getting ROMs for the SegaCD to put on a disc and play in the actual unit?

No, but I've found some games online that were for a Sega ROM, I just can't figure how to set that stupid thing up!
Prusillus

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 pm
Post subject:

Dudde wrote:
???
I owned one when I was 11 (through 19) and I'm only 24, whoa you must be young!

I feel so old!

Nah man, I'm 25, I guess it was just never on my radar. Like I said, I'm more of an online gamer, and that's how i got my start, so there's still a lot of console stuff from the mid to late 90's that I just missed completely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: