The time now is Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:25 am
View unanswered posts
Potato-Tomato Soup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:47 pm
Post subject: Potato-Tomato Soup

Hi all!

I wanted to share with you one of my favourite comfort foods, Potato-Tomato soup. It's thick and hearty, warm and comforting, without being too heavy or too terribly naughty. It's also inexpensive. I made this up in my bachelor days over a decade ago, and now it's a big hit wth the entire family.

Potato-Tomato Soup

Ingredients:

One can of condensed tomato soup
Milk - enough to fill the soup can
1 cup (or so) of instant potato flakes

Make yourself some soup, as directed on the can. I prefer to use milk instead of water for this recipe, but feel free to substitute water if you're lactose intorerant or just want to cut back on the extra calories - but hey, this is comfort food, right?

Once the soup is about done, start to slowly stir in the potato flakes, a little at a time. Otherwise, you'll get lumps of potato that have unmixed flakes in the middle and that's no fun. I don't usually measure the amount of flakes I use, but it's around a cup. Just keep adding flakes until it gets to be about the thinkness you like - somewhere around the stew level. Try a cup's worth and go from there.

Also, this is where you can get crerative with seasonings. Usually I use some basil, black pepper and paprika, to give it a little extra warmth on those cold days. You can also use cheddar and/or parmasean cheese, oregano, spicier spices like cayanne or whatnot, or anything else that tickles your fancy. Best though to keep it simple,because comfort food is usually best that way.

Enjoy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Yummy in my Tummy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: