The time now is Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:27 pm
View unanswered posts
How to summon the old ghosts that used to haunt this site fo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Freak Speak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordlibris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:59 am
Post subject: How to summon the old ghosts that used to haunt this site fo

I’m sure quite a few of you have migrated to new digital pastures and frequent this site on a biyearly schedule. Truth be told, for the past few years, I’ve only stopped by whenever a new Dresden files is released. However, for some reason I wanted to chat with some old freaks during Christmas -14 and I have been checking in on an irregular schedule ever since. Sadly I've realised that the chat is as dead as Moridin. This I find a bit sad and would like to resuscitate the chat.

Being ever so hopeful and quite naïve I would like to know if any of the oldbies out there are alive and would care to schedule a chat sometime in the future?

If such a person exists: please reply to this thread and we’ll try to arrange something.

Nordlibris
TheTaintedOne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:55 am
Post subject:

I exist!
K.S. Crooks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Post subject:

I am on other forums as well as this. I go on every weekend and this one rarely has any activity. I am not sure the reason perhaps the people in charge need to look at other sites and take some ideas.
Excalibur

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:51 pm
Post subject: yes the great one is back indeed

upon entering this tomb of an old house I put a hand on the pommel of my sword while scouting out the scenery for vermin hiding in the debris and my other arm I wave the cobwebs out of my face and mouth sputtering. At one time I could vision this place holding many balls with merry dancing, laughing, wine flowing and lovemaking outright or hidden, and of course many a book reading with everyone rejoicing. I take a finger and slide it along the piano and bring my finger up to inspect to see its covered with a dust ball sticking out about an inch off of it. I shake my head and see another era long gone by that had a merry life but now all is left is a shadow of what once was with only the inanimate to provide clues as to what came before. My my, this is absolutely depressing, I escape back out the front door as I can imagine myself start to decay with this place and wish to add no more dust to it. I had just finished reading this year city of stairs and blood song and wished to add these to the shelves, but alas, why add it where there is not another soul to check these books out for themselves and give them the love they deserve dammit maaaaan. Only a lurker may come here maybe but I will never know since they leave no evidence of being been here. I hop back upon my steed in look of greener pastures, noble lands sitting upon a backdrop of majestic forests and mountains, and ethereal landscapes with hints of the magics of long lost gods and mystery, and ancient truths. There is always the goodreads archives with boundless reviews and the youtube where anyone and everyone can be a celeb if they so choose and talk about their passions and pains. I shout yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh, to my earth runner, and gallop off into the sunset to search and ride the four corners of the earth for a good book and other sci-fi/fantasy readers to relate to.
Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:30 am
Post subject:

Hi Nordy! The forums of old are all pretty much slowly dying out (although there are exceptions) mostly due to the rise of social media. For this site, we have always been small, so social media as well as adulthood has all played a part. Chat for me is hit or miss even in the hey day, due to the time zone differences, but I would love to give it a try. :-)
Big Bubba
Slayer of Unreads

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:07 pm
Post subject:

Nördlibris!

Only a few months late...

Nordlibris

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:04 am
Post subject:

I take the slow responses to be a sign of our collective old age :-)
ramo

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:06 am
Post subject:

I am still alive, but forgotten by all... :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Freak Speak All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: