View unanswered posts
Fun books! Flora Segunada series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm
Post subject: Fun books! Flora Segunada series

Hey hey Freaky-freaks,

Long time, no book talk. I just finished a YA series that I really enjoyed: Flora Segunda, Flora Dares and Flora's Fury by Ysabeau S. Wilce. Without giving away spoilers, it starts with a kind of geeky, unhappy girl who dreams big. Throughout the books she has many adventures and close calls and really grows as a person. There is romantic tension, but they are not romance books at all.

I especially liked that they are set in a magical alternate history California. Very fun to get away from your typical Generic European City. The bad guys seem to be based on the Aztecs or Incas, though they don't really get too far into that since it is mostly about Flora and her family relationships.

If you're looking for some light reading, I highly recommend the series! I can't seem to find if there are more planned or if it is just a trilogy. From the end of book three, I think it could go either way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Bookish All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: