The time now is Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:54 pm
View unanswered posts
Sherlock season 3 (probably spoilers within)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:27 pm
Post subject: Sherlock season 3 (probably spoilers within)

I know there are (must be!) other Sherlock fans here in the group. Anyone else just watch season 3? Because, just.... :-O

That makes 3 seasons where the grand finale has just completely blown my mind out of sheer awesomeness.

General thoughts, in spoilers...

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Anyway, that's some fantastic tv!

Jade

Excalibur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:54 pm
Post subject:

ive never seen it, just watched the movies
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:39 pm
Post subject:

Can't wait to see Season 3. I should find out when they are showing it over here!
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:58 pm
Post subject:

They are going to start airing it Jan. 19th. Yay! Only six more days to wait!
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:43 am
Post subject:

Excalibur: the movies are just your average Hollywood crap. Entertaining, maybe, but not very original or interesting, and too many explosions and silly stunts.

The BBC Sherlock series is possibly the best television I've ever seen (actually, since each episode is an hour and a half, it's more like a series of 9 movies). The stories are well written, the characters and the acting are incredible, the modern adaptation is clever, it's beautifully filmed.....

Go find the first season. Watch it.

Jade

Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:54 pm
Post subject:

I don't have the channel on my cable, unfortunately, so I went to buy...the season 1 set is over $20...for 3 episodes. I am sure it is excellent, and I want to see it, but I am not paying that much. Hopefully I can find a cheap used set. I don;t like watching off of my computer either, but it may come to that. lol
Excalibur

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:45 pm
Post subject:

Im over here in the states so im not sure if I can get it. I do have the BBC America channel on my cable but I don't know if its playing the same stuff as the English BBC. Either way, there is always amazon, Netflix, and on demand that I can get it. I do love a good mystery. I haven't even seen the second movie of the Sherlock holmes. the first one was ok but it was hard to keep up with and seemed rather long.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:10 pm
Post subject:

Well, each episode is double length, so really it's like buying 6... *lol* but yeah, $20 still seems like a lot.

I think Netflix has it. Maybe Amazon Prime too. My streaming service in Germany even has it (dubbed into German). I actually tried it, out of curiosity (watching dubbed tv is how I've learned half the German I know) but Sherlock speaks really fast, it was pretty hard to keep up!

Excalibur, Caly just said it airs Jan 19th, I assume she's talking about BBC America, so that's your chance (but you have to see season 1 and 2 first, if you haven't!)

Jade

Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:38 pm
Post subject:

I may break down and get them Jade. lol Amazon Prime does have them, which may be an option for me although I don't care for viewing on my computer, which is weird since I have a nice large screen.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:11 am
Post subject:

does your TV have an HDMI port? *lol* In California, I would just hook up internet streaming to my 46" TV ;-)

Since moving, I discovered a Samsung computer monitor that also has a TV receiver. So now it's on a turntable, and one way it faces my computer desk, and the other way it faces the couch, and I can switch back and forth between my laptop and the local TV channels, so it's all pretty much the same. (but local TV is all in German, so I don't watch that much anyway)

Anyway, I really like my turntable solution *lol*

Jade

Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:06 pm
Post subject:

Well I did actually get to see a few of the eps (missed the 2nd one). While I LOVE the acting, the production decisions they make (the slow mo stuff/flashback stuff) I don't care for, but the acting far exceeds the parts that were not so good for me.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Megaret

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Post subject:

This is my new favorite show, I love how each episode is sort of a mini movie. I originally watched the first two seasons in a row on Netflix and was happy to find the third season available on the PBS website. They have all three third season episodes currently up for a limited time:

http://video.pbs.org/program/masterpiece/episodes/

I don't watch TV except online, but I am thinking maybe in the US they must have this show on both PBS and BBC America channels?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: