The time now is Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:56 am
View unanswered posts
By Grace and Banners Fallen: Prologue to AMoL *SPOILERS!*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Black Tower
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:24 am
Post subject: By Grace and Banners Fallen: Prologue to AMoL *SPOILERS!*

Well, I didn't think I'd be making this thread for another two weeks, but whatever! Let's have at it, folks! For the last time.

It's kind of sad, in a way. This is the last time we'll do this. Perhaps in another Age, when the Wheel has turned full circle once more, we'll discover the Wheel of Time for the first time again. And it'll change many of our lives again.

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:51 pm
Post subject:

I felt sad too Pat. On one hand, I can't wait to see how it all gets wrapped up, but its been such a part of my life that it will be really weird to have it over.

The Talmanes sections were pretty brutal...poor dude. Hard to believe none of the others would realize they needed to blow the walls open and make their own bloody gate, but whatever.

The Black Tower part and The Chosen part made me wish I had the whole damn book. The Avi/WO part was just meh, but I have never been a huge fan of either.

I almost laughed out loud when the unfortunately named Sleete made an appearance.

The first bit dragged on a while...I was kind of hoping he would run the spear through soon to be if not already insane Andorean lord whose name I am forgetting.

Anyway, lots to think about! I should reread the two BS books prior to aMoL,
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:58 pm
Post subject:

1. Sleete Gaidin. *lmao*

2. Argh! Talmanes! Why do all my favorite Mat-associated characters have to die?! Although the end said "unconscious," not "dead." Hmm....

3. Okay, okay, I'm confused here. I may not be remembering something from later books, but I thought Luc/Isam was some sort of weird bi-universal split personality after the two combined somehow, with Luc existing in the "real world" and Isam in the dream world. But there was Isam in the real world. Someone 'splain please?

4. I thought a Forsaken was going to stand revealed. I read no such thing. Graendal has a new fugly identity, ooooh, big whoop. That teaser had better not refer to Taim being made a new member of the Chosen. Taim being raised does not constitute "a Forsaken stands revealed." Taim being raised is "NKOTB." Step by step, ooooh baby. "A Forsaken stands revealed" was supposed to finally, FINALLY reveal Demandred!! ARGH!!! I feel cheated.

5. This prologue seemed to be really short compared to the last few. Is it just me?

6. I really, really need to accelerate my reread.

7. I really like the BS books, even with their little foibles, though no one could have equalled RJ, but...I really don't like the Avi/Grim Aiel Future subplot. Ugh. I'm 3/4 through TSR in my reread and I've forgotten how tiresome a lot of the Aiel stuff has always been. Of course, I didn't start thinking that way until the idiotic multi-book-spanning Shaido/Faile nuclear disaster of literature. And I like Faile.

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:18 am
Post subject:

Maybe the Town is not real world enough? Good point. There is another thing in the Isam bit that makes me wonder: A Forsaken (Lanfear/Cyndane?)Tells him he is to hunt Al Thor, but later on in Moridin's freaky dreamscape Demandred reveals that he has a 'restriction' that HE is the one to kill Al Thor. Since Lannie/Cyn is controlled by Mori he is contradicting his agreement with Dem..not really implausible since we are talking Forsaken here, but it did make me raise an eyebrow.

I was really hoping the channeler in Caemlyn would be able to heal Talmanes, but it makes sense that she can't. Yes, it did say he fell unconscious, but I think it would be weak if he manages to survive. This is the Last Battle...people are going to die.

I think that Taim's rise to Forsakenhood probably IS the 'a forsaken revealed' bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Black Tower All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: