The time now is Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:51 pm
View unanswered posts
Okay... Seriously. There must be some other Sherlock fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:20 am
Post subject: Okay... Seriously. There must be some other Sherlock fans.

I know other people here like British TV... And this has just jumped up somewhere on my all-time favorites list! I caught the first season last Christmas when it just happened to be on (hey, I was in Canada, where they actually just show British TV sometimes...) Then my roommate and a bunch of his friends are apparently fans, and he downloaded the latest season. Why can't there be more episodes?? aaaarrggh. Damn you English people and your short silly little seasons....

Anyway. I adored the first episode, and was on the edge of my seat for the third... Then after the end, I had to go back and watch a couple bits again just to try and figure it out!

I think I see most of the puzzle, but I just can't see how he did the most important bit (people who've seen the episode can probably work out what I'm talking about)

Anyway.... Anyone else? If you haven't seen it, you should! Find season 1 and go watch it.

Jade

LunaRaven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:36 am
Post subject: Re: Okay... Seriously. There must be some other Sherlock f

Jade wrote:
I know other people here like British TV... And this has just jumped up somewhere on my all-time favorites list! I caught the first season last Christmas when it just happened to be on (hey, I was in Canada, where they actually just show British TV sometimes...) Then my roommate and a bunch of his friends are apparently fans, and he downloaded the latest season. Why can't there be more episodes?? aaaarrggh. Damn you English people and your short silly little seasons....

Anyway. I adored the first episode, and was on the edge of my seat for the third... Then after the end, I had to go back and watch a couple bits again just to try and figure it out!

I think I see most of the puzzle, but I just can't see how he did the most important bit (people who've seen the episode can probably work out what I'm talking about)

Anyway.... Anyone else? If you haven't seen it, you should! Find season 1 and go watch it.

Jade

I've just started to watch this show recently thanks to Netflix(surprisingly, they instant stream alot of BBC shows). I haven't made it to the third episode yet, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first two. I was actually dismayed at first, because I couldn't understand why only three episodes were available. What short seasons! I was used to thirteen episodes with Merlin and Robin Hood, but three is rediculous. Despite this, it is still an spiffing awesome show. The direction is so creative, and Freeman and Cumberland work well together. I can't wait to see them in the Hobbit(as Bilbo and Smaug).
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 pm
Post subject:

Cumberbatch is Smaug? That's kind of cool... Although it denies us a chance to see those incredible cheekbones ;-p

I'm talking about episode 3 of season 2, though, which just aired, so it won't be on Netflix for quite a while. But episode 3 of season 1 is also very good! Just be warned... They go in for cliffhangers...

Technically their 3 episodes are about the same length as 6 or 7 normal ones, but that's still dreadfully short.

Jade

Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:01 pm
Post subject:

I love, love, love the show! Haven't seen season 2 yet. I need to re-learn how to download shows, I think.

The guy who plays Sherlock is just so bizarre looking.
Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm
Post subject:

I only managed to catch one episode...I am not sure when it is shown here...but I did enjoy it! I need to catch up.
Alessan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:59 pm
Post subject:

It is on BBC one at the moment. I absolutely hate it! A contemporary update of Sherlock Holmes is nothing short of blasphemy in my eyes!
Nordlibris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:38 pm
Post subject:

Love that show. Super duper take on Sherlock Holmes. The only bit I am miffed about, is that, Irene Adler, did not outwit Sherlock in the modern version.
julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 pm
Post subject:

I just watched episode three of season one. Ahhhggggg!

When is season two?
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:24 pm
Post subject:

I'm told that season 2 airs on PBS in a few months time.

Questionable links to streaming sites with the episodes can be found here:
http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Sherlock_23592/

There's lots of pop-ups, but usually the links are reasonable quality.

Not that I *cough* endorse such things...

But Nordy - it's such a *good* modern adaptation! I mean, there are lots of changes to the original stories, obviously, but many of them are quite clever, and they did such a job with the characters!

Jade

Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:14 am
Post subject:

Heh, I don't mind the modern update of the characters. After all, lots if not most, of the Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce movies were set in current time to when they were filmed. Sherlock Holmes versus the Nazi's, woohoo! lol

I also prefer a modern update to Robert Downey Jr. playing Holmes as an action hero.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:30 pm
Post subject:

I too have only seen s1 eps 1 & 2, waiting for a chance to watch ep 3. Thanks for the warning about the cliffhanger. ep1 was great, the cinematography is excellent. ep2 got kind of predictable:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I'm glad the trend doesn't seem to continue for ep 3, so I've heard.

Have you heard the rumor of another 'modern Sherlock' show in the works, with a British Sherlock in modern-day New York? *shudder*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:07 pm
Post subject:

Penny and I are huge fans, and we've been very impatiently waiting for the second series. Once Aviendha is fixed (by the Great Lord's brimstone-tinged nostril nuggets, let it be this week!) I will be attempting to pirate them because kiss my grits, MPAA.

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 am
Post subject:

A British Sherlock in New York? Whatever for? *shakes head*

Is this another one of those "it's a hit in England, let's remake it for the Yanks, but we'll have to "Americanize" it, which means removing all the things that made it awesome in the first place" things ?

Jade

Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:59 am
Post subject:

Who knows Jade? However, Sherlock is the fictional character with the most film/stage adaptations so I guess if they are going to do ANOTHER version, they feel the need for a different spin.
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:29 pm
Post subject:

Alle wrote:
Who knows Jade? However, Sherlock is the fictional character with the most film/stage adaptations so I guess if they are going to do ANOTHER version, they feel the need for a different spin.

If they really wanted to do another version and give it an interesting spin, a female Sherlock Holmes would be interesting. Or a raven Sherlock Holmes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: