The time now is Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:58 pm
View unanswered posts
Being Human

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:52 am
Post subject: Being Human

Is anyone watching this? I needed to watch something last night and saw Torchwood OnDemand. I have no idea what Torchwood is, but I always hear about it, so I started t and thought it was really cool with the vampires and werewolves and ghosts. But then they said it was a preview for Being Human. I guess Torchwood isn't about vampires and ghosts and werewolves.

I did some investigating and found Being Human on demand on BBC America so gave the first episode a look. It was very enjoyable, if a bit scary. I plan on watching more. I just wish OnDemand shows had closed captioning because I can't understand a danged word those Brits say. I think I should watch more British shows since they don't have the same system we have--there should be a real story arc and planned ending, if it is like the other British shows I've heard about.
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:06 am
Post subject:

haven't heard of it... But Torchwood is also good - it's just about aliens more than vampires. Although there are ghosts sometimes, sort of.

Jade
runetracey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:56 am
Post subject:

Im a fan of Being Human, did enjoy Season 2 as much as Season 1. Nice to see they ended on a note that would leave it open for season 3 and it was kinda sad too
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 pm
Post subject:

Glad to hear there is a season 2. I wonder when or if they will be showing it on BBC America. I have my DVR set to record it if it ever comes on. I suppose one day I will be pleasantly surprised when it appears in my recordings.
Sarah0247

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:06 pm
Post subject:

LOVE being human. Just finished watching Season 2 the other day. It was great!!

"Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one." — Terry Pratchett

www.bookwormblues.net
Twitter - @BookwormBlues
Megaret

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 pm
Post subject:

This is an old thread but I just discovered this show on netflix- seasons 1-3 are currently streaming (the UK version). I really liked season 1 and would recommend it to everyone. Season 2 got pretty dark but I still really liked it. Looking forward to marathoning season 3 this weekend!

Did anyone watch the US version? I am curious to see, but Annie, Mitchell and George are all kind of perfectly done, I'm not sure other actors could do them justice.
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:12 pm
Post subject:

I couldn't make it through the first episode of the American version. They tried to make it exactly like the UK version, but that doesn't work. They never defined the town. They used the exact same costumes. It was horrible!

Be prepared for a rough ride with season 3. It gets even darker, if you can believe it.
Loial

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:52 pm
Post subject:

Noa and I love this show. I wonder if there'll be a 4th season.
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:37 pm
Post subject:

When I last checked, it said there would be a fourth season even though You-Know-Who won't be back. Interesting to see how they can do it.

How are you guys doing? Adjusting well?
Megaret

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm
Post subject:

Finished the third season. It had a much better balance of dark with some lighter bits than season two, but definitely still mostly dark. Very well done! I like a show that has the guts to go that direction.

That being said I don't know if I will watch season 4, the guy playing George said season 4 will be his last season, but he expects the show to still go on for more seasons after. I think its going to be a different show now that the particular storyline is finished with the end of season 3, but its the same main writer and all so maybe... we will see!
Loial

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 pm
Post subject:

Caleyna wrote:
When I last checked, it said there would be a fourth season even though You-Know-Who won't be back. Interesting to see how they can do it.

How are you guys doing? Adjusting well?

That's good to know.

We're doing fine. I'm still looking for a job, but we are much more settled down. We finally got sofas and a coffee table, so our living room is much nicer now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Moving Pictures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: