The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:47 am
View unanswered posts
World of Warcraft: The Return of the Hordies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netnaut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:41 pm
Post subject:

This is the game I'm waiting for. I cut this from a news article:

In a post on the official World of Warcraft forums, Blizzard community manager Zarhym came out and said the new MMO was in fact an original IP, saying, "We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this." While it's no press release or big event reveal, this is certainly the closest we've come to someone officially with Blizzard saying that, yes, it's not a previously created franchise.

When this game comes out, I will be devoting another 5 years of my life. Blizzard always makes a great game.

Regards,
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:53 pm
Post subject:

and DAMN them for it! it gets expensive playing games for that long y'know. But I probably will too, unless I finally get to go to Japan and flounder to make a living =D
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 pm
Post subject:

Being the huge nerd I am, I feel extremely left out of this nerd talk, so i'm going to rant using phrases whose definitions I know nothing of, most of which were selected randomly from an online WOW dicitonary.

WOOO! WOW is mega wizard! The other day I totally flipped a two-headed flaming goblin mage with my 2H and he was all like, "GROWL! You Legolas!" and I was all like, "Oh no you didn't" and he was all like "GROWL! FLAMING FIRE BALLS!" and I was like, "HIYAH! Flaming fire ball cutting sword slash!" and he was like, "GRRR!" and then I stabbed him and took all his bagagillion hit points. Cause i'm awesome like that.
ori

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 pm
Post subject:

GIEF LOOT! :p

Cataclysm approaching, I just reopened my WoW account after a little more than a year long break... Damn it feels good.
So yeah, once more into the breach... I already got a 80 one, but I still restarted a Hunter, just for the lol, b/c I agree with Dudde, they're very fun to lvl. And I also prefer alliance (but still have hordies). I don't even mind the noobs, hell I had to ask how to fish it had been so long (what u mean 'no target'?!).
Could not help but notice they had hugely improved the interface. No more add ons needed, relief!
Leveling is much faster too with the new map system, though I dont know how I feel about that. It's faster but you loose the running around for hours which can also be sorta cool with a couple friends -- I've seen this rock before -- so yeah I dont know...
BananaSplitLady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:55 am
Post subject:

Heh, I've sure changed my WoW habits since I first posted in this. I switched from my tauren shaman to a troll hunter and got her to lvl 80 in one month without any BoA gear or a linked account. I play nearly every day because I don't have anything else to do x.x

I agree, hunters definitely are fun to level but it's pretty hard to not be a huntard. I'm super excited for a lot of the changes that hunters are undergoing in cata. No more ammo! Hurrah!

Anyway, right now I've started doing ICC10 with my guild whenever one of the ranged in the raid groups doesn't show up. I still don't have the best gear but I'm starting to work on my tier10 gear.

Also, what ever happened to us playing on a server together? That idea kinda fizzled off real quick. :/
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:59 am
Post subject:

I'm open to it, but i don't play tht much so i lnow yall will be like 80+ before i get to 15 :) still would be fun :)
"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
TPM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:13 pm
Post subject:

To be honest, I never figured out the appeal of the hunter class. I know people talk about them all the time, but... I dunno. I tried out a friend's hunter once and I wasn't too impressed with the game play.

Unfortunately, I'm back in school right now, which severely limits my playing time, but during the summer, my guild went 11/12 in ICC 10 and I'm 4/4 for my T10 :D, which means that I'm about as geared as I can get without running 25-man or heroic ICC 10.

Maybe we should all start together on a new server when Cata hits.
ori

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:48 pm
Post subject:

Quote:
To be honest, I never figured out the appeal of the hunter class. I know people talk about them all the time, but... I dunno. I tried out a friend's hunter once and I wasn't too impressed with the game play.

Well, personally, I love solo lvling (I know it's a bit moronic to play an MMO solo, but hey, I am who I am...) and Hunters are perfectly suited for that. I can solo most group quest at my lvl.

The big plus for me is the Pet: it feels like playings two chars at once.
BananaSplitLady

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 am
Post subject:

Soooo... 4.0.1. Thoughts?

I'm not so sure about this focus thing on my hunter and it confuses me so much. My dps went down from about 6k to a little under 3k but I didn't really get to tinker with my talents and stuff last night.

I managed to glitch myself out in Howling Fjord while starting my pet collection (25 pets!!) and was stuck underwater not drowning but getting d/c'd each time I logged in before I could do anything. I had to put in a ticket to a GM on an alt so they could help me get her unstuck. I thought it was going to take a couple of days for a response considering the new giant patch and all the glitches happening. But I guess having a character stuck and unplayable is a high priority problem and they have a priority filtration system implemented. Or I just happened to get lucky and put my ticket in fast enough.

Anyway, I guess after work today I'm going to be messing around with my hunter. I decided to try out MM this time when I normally do Surv. So far my impressions are that as a hunter I'll probably be doing horrible dps until Cata comes out and I can start leveling up again. Looks like I might have to pass out on my guild's ICC25 (we haven't done one in a loooong time) if I can't figure out how to play my hunter by next week. It seems like so far the best dps is BM from what I have been reading on other forums, however I think they're mostly thinking about PvP and I'm more concerned about PvE right now. I'm dual specced and I'm wondering if maybe I ought to make my secondary spec BM or Surv just in case MM fails for me at PvE. I just don't know...

So, for those of you who play hunters, do you have any clue what you're doing as well? I'm probably not going to give my hunter the full makeover until cata comes out because I don't want to waste my gold on gear that's going to be replaced, but I do want to have an idea of what I should be working on. I'm really not sure what stats are best or taletnts or what my shot rotation should be like now. Oh and how to best do AoE now that they've gotten rid of volley. Sigh.

And my friend who's a DK is complaining about the patch... x.x At least he doesn't have to relearn nearly everything.

Anyway, I also play a warlock and I'm saddened by the demon name changes. I miss Thulnos the Voidwalker. The rest I didn't care much about, but Thulnos was cool.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 am
Post subject:

My overnight download failed, so I'm getting the patch right now, so obviously, I haven't had a chance to actually try the game yet.

But from what I can make out, the shadowpriest priority/rotation system got just a bit more complicated b/c our priority system differs depending on the number of shadow orbs we have on us and whether the boss is below 25% health, with the thought that it'll get worse once we hit 85 b/c we need to concern ourselves with yet another proc.

And the more irksome thing is that the class website where people crunch the numbers is down, so I'm left with secondhand information on all this.

In any event, I can't wait to get in game and try this all out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: