The time now is Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:27 pm
View unanswered posts
The Lesbian prom issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julie
Wicked Wisdom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 pm
Post subject: The Lesbian prom issue

OK - if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you need to look at a news feed or two from the past week.

What the frak is wrong with people?! So much stupid stuff happens in the world that you would think nothing would be surprising anymore. But seriously - why on Earth would any school in this country cancel prom for the whole school because a girl wants to wear a tux and bring her girlfriend? Why???!!! How ridiculous can you be?!?!

It's not like she wanted to wear a thong bikini to prom and bring a pedophile with her! She wants to wear perfectly acceptable, prom appropriate attire and bring her date. How many times have girls gone to dances together over the years...decades...? How many times have you been at a dance and seen girls dancing together - in pairs, trios, groups of ten or more?! Half the time they have to even if they came with a boy, because the boys are too afraid that someone might look at them while they're moving in some way that might be construed as un-cool.

Is the school afraid the two girls are going to start snogging and butt grabbing on the dance floor?! Make some rules about appropriate physical contact for ALL the students!

People seriously need to get over themselves.
Seeing two girls dancing, while fully clothed, is not going to psychologically scar your precious teenage heterosexuals in any way. Really. It would be OK.

Sometimes I really hate the world.
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:43 pm
Post subject:

Nearly 15 years ago during my high-school prom , some of my friends (whom were gay/lesbian) went to the prom like that and it wasn't a issue to anybody. Kelly and Irene went together, Kelli in her tux. Robert and Kenny went together, Ken in his dress.

Now all this happened during a time when lesbians and gay were becoming more open to society and society was trying to prevent them, where-as now society for the most part has finally accepted personal life-choices (excepting the psycho fanatics..... but who really listens to them?) and NOW this happens. It's like we did the "Time-Warp" but instead of just having fun, we were actually transported back to the 1940's.

** Is doing the "Time-Warp" once more to see if I can return to the 21st century**

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:50 pm
Post subject:

This is my feeling as a lifelong Bible Belter: with racism out of public style and with anti-Catholicism and anti-Semitism losing most of their steam, homophobia has become the typical acceptable prejudice in latter-day America. I don't even think it's a conscious thing, most of the time. Sexism, of course, remains at full-blast.

I mean...racism certainly still exists, but even here in the Deep South most whites who still harbor racist views are somewhat reluctant to voice them in public when others are around who might disagree (among themselves in little rural towns...well suffice it to say there are reasons I don't like the country, which goes for Arkansas and Kansas alike). And, to be sure, attitudes have changed in recent decades. But, Little Rock is still largely segregated, and you can't help but notice that there are few black people in the downtown business district who aren't workers or homeless. Even so, it's just not polite to mention such things these days, because we're in the glorious and tolerant New South and such things just aren't kosher anymore, at least in statewide elections.

Homophobia gets no such restraint. It has, in essence, become today what racism was 40 years ago when segregation was officially ended, though not to such an extensive degree. Even the same tactics are employed to keep the bigotry alive and enshrined, in law if possible and in fact if not, even in the face of anti-discrimination laws, where they exist. The various federal civil rights statutes, including the Fair Housing Act and the Civil Rights Act, provide no protection whatsoever against discrimination based on sexual orientation, except in the federal workplace; no state in the South I am aware of provides any protection, either. Every single state in the South and Midwest except Iowa (hail, Iowa!) bans gay marriage outright, either by statute or constitutional provision. Discrimination is widespread in schools, the workplace, and churches. Railing against the evils of The Gay Agenda is a common theme at both the church pulpit and the political rally. Open and vicious hatred of gays is both common and taken without notice by far too many.

The same things are said about gays that were said about blacks 40 years ago: discriminating against them isn't evil or wrong, it's natural because they are inferior: they're lazy, immoral, sexual deviants who will destroy the white Christian family if not kept down. Quotes from the Bible are slung around to defend any and all prejudice and discrimination. Religious rhetoric is pervasive from the street level, where the hatred is almost palpable at times, up to the "secular" halls of power in state capitals, where it is enshrined in legislation from the Rio Grand to the Atlantic seaboard. And as we've seen in Mississippi (and please note that Catholics are as bad as anyone), governments, schools, and churches will use any tactics available to them to keep gays segregated, persecuted, and without recourse if at all possible.

You'll note that the school here made a call to the community for private individuals to host proms, so that the kids wouldn't be deprived by the evil, nasty gay people trying to force their unnatural sins on everyone. This is exactly what racist students, parents, and school officials did (and in some cases still do) in order to avoid having racially integrated proms.

So, I don't think this is just a matter of uncomfy adults being uptight. I think it's far deeper and more sinister.

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Caleyna
Queen of Silliness

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:11 pm
Post subject:

I read about this and it is just so ridiculous. I don't understand at all. I think Pat is on to something. I about died when I saw that they were hoping a private citizen would host the prom since, as Pat points out, that is exactly what certain places in the south do to keep segregation alive and well.

I guess I don't understand why they even had to tell the school about it in the first place, instead of just showing up.
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 pm
Post subject:

More than likely, one of the girl's classmates or a parent got wind of it and informed the administration.

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:11 am
Post subject:

I'd like to personally thank and praise the school administration for a job well done. PRAISE THE LORD. These FAGGOT DEVIANTS are ruining america for all right thinking white servants of the lord all mighty. Let this be a lesson to all you twisted servants of Satan out there. God made Adam and Eve, NOT AMY AND EVE.

(psst Pat, slip on your leppard print leisure suit, lets go ruin some proms)
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:52 am
Post subject:

You mean my Def Leppard print suit, surely.

*rocks the ages*

Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:33 pm
Post subject:

Absodoodllely. *snogs* You should come out to NM and go to iron maiden concert with me.
Alle
The First Evil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:31 pm
Post subject:

I saw that and it is extremely ridiculous. Plus, I bet they are hoping the school body will blame the girls for having prom cancelled.

I think the girls asked about it because the school had sent out a memo stating that dates had to be of the opposite sex. So stupid.
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 pm
Post subject:

What is wrong with this school?

The real crime is a woman wearing pants!

Take a stand!

Spaegetti strap tops and short skirts yes, but ladies shall not wear pants!

like the rest of y'all, I am so tired of all this intolerant BS.

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
Jade
Seven of Jade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:10 pm
Post subject:

one of my best friends (girl) wore a tux to our senior formal prom-like event. People might have looked twice or raised an eyebrow, but that was about it. There was never any "official" date policy for these things at our school. You weren't allowed to bring out-of-school people, so if you had a bf/gf in your year at school, you might go with them, or you might ask someone to go with you as a date or casual thing... But generally, I think the vast majority of our class was not even coupled at the event. I don't think there was any real boy-girl dancing either.

So I don't think a same-sex couple would have even ruffled any feathers. But then, it was a Quaker school. Good ol' Quakers, they don't have a single prejudiced bone in their bodies...

Jade

Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:27 am
Post subject:

I always wish the places I were at would bring this stuff up so I could blast 'em for it, but I always seem to nip stupidity in the bud =c

Southern people are so crazy at some things - we can't really blame the school though, if the people in this country were more worried about morality and education instead of trying to create special cliques (grow up...) I suppose we'd be alright =\

I saw this story, fortunately, there was only one right winger I had to argue with, and I've lost hope for any arguments he ever presents!
HarpHealer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:17 pm
Post subject:

No offenses

Anyway what happened was offensive!

Last edited by HarpHealer on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am; edited 3 times in total
HarpHealer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 pm
Post subject:

lol

No offenses! But still make me laugh!

Last edited by HarpHealer on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:42 am; edited 4 times in total
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:19 am
Post subject:

HarpHealer wrote:
THE REAL CRIME IS A WOMAN WEARING PANTS!!

lol
lol lol
lol lol lol

This is wrong on two levels .......

**wonders if it'll be reported as offensive *weg*

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
HarpHealer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:49 am
Post subject:

I feels like I am living on the past.
LunaRaven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 am
Post subject:

Hmm...my Private Christian Highschool let me crossdress in a pirate costume for my *formal* class picture, as well as quote Bilbo Baggins for my graduation speech, but two girls can't go to a school dance together? Madness. Utter madness. And not the good Mad Hatter sort of madness either. The twisted kind of madness.
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:34 am
Post subject:

the young lady involved in this was awarded something like 35 or 50 thousand dollars over this issue. How much you wanna bet she don't share the money with her girlfriend.

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Leopardus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:14 am
Post subject:

I female friend of mine wanted to go to the matric dance (our version of a senior prom) with her girlfriend and they said no. They wouldn't let her go and as far as I know they were both going to where dresses.

Dude, if I were her I'd go wearing a powder blue tux with a girl on each arm and a stereo on my head playing I kissed a girl by Katty Perry XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: