The time now is Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:45 pm
View unanswered posts
Warhammer Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mofox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:51 am
Post subject: Warhammer Online

so i'm already mentioned I used to be into Warcraft...

I still play every now and then but it's lost it's edge.

I just got Warhammer online and really like it. Love the complexity and attention to detail.

The warhammer gaming system is good though.

What do you all think?
Warchylde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:43 pm
Post subject:

So far Warhammer is shaping up well enough.

But so far, from what I like to think of as a pretty unbiased view point, it is not dissimilar enough from WOW to keep me from playing WOW. Nor do I think it will get there.

Now, if they can ever get Age of Conan straightened out we will be talking about a game that can get me to retire Warchylde, the level 70 (and by the end of this year level 80) Night Elf Rogue.
Naivion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:08 am
Post subject:

Hi may i add to this although WOW and WAR are simaler... WOW stole most of the things that made WAR differnt in the wotlk expansion. Even so as far as my experiance WAR is genrally better on almost every front, better/funner quests, better graghics, more quest choice, more to do in game. It does lack a decent amount of power coices though they are in need of more of those.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:46 pm
Post subject:

I can't say that either WoW or Warhammer is my cup of tea. I've played Final Fantasy XI Online since 2004, and I'll play XIX online when it comes out as well as maybe guild wars 2, and that's it as far as online goes I think. If you guys are happy with those MMOs though, I'm happy for you. it's all about personal preference and entertainment.
TheGiantTentacle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:22 am
Post subject:

I used to play guild wars, intensively, but switched to an all Mac set up (for audio purposes and general comfort) so GW was out of the question (don't really wanna put windows on bootcamp, and emulating an MMORPG isn't really an option). I saw that WAR was coming to Mac though so that might be cool for me to check out :D

(I still think GW was pretty awesome, sometimes I miss it, but after 12 lvl 20 chars finishing every mission in every expansion, it gets monotonous :) )
TheGiantTentacle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:03 am
Post subject:

I've just gotten the Beta for warhammer online age of reckoning, haven't started playing yet, but it's great that I can get a MMORPG other than WoW (i really don't know why i don't like WoW, maybe i should give it another shot...) on the Mac :) looking forward to seeing the system this evening! :D
Gorganoth

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:39 am
Post subject:

Me, being a Warhammer player/freak/fan since I was eight was completely dissapointed by WAR...

I did play WoW sometime ago but mainly just for the RP. When I first heard that they were making a Warhammer MMORPG I was very excited, but when I read about the backstory to the game and so on I was hugely dissapointed. I tried the game and for me it's just another WoW
clone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: