The time now is Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:32 pm
View unanswered posts
zeitgeist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowsprite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:07 pm
Post subject: zeitgeist

thought id start this topic just to see how many ppl have heard or seen zeitgeist and to hear some thoughts on it? i would be very interested to hear them. :) xx
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:40 pm
Post subject:

I've heard of it, haven't seen it, don't particularly want to. I don't really go in for conspiracy theory stuff. I think there are legitimate questions about the origins of religion (and Christianity in particular) as well as America's role in 20th Century wars, but conspiracy theory stuff just cheapens the conversation.

The notion that Christianity was specifically engineered for social control in the Roman Empire is absolute bunk, concocted by modern wackos, as is the notion that it's some kind of Gnosticism. Anyone who's actually studied the respective theological histories of Christianity and Gnosticism knows that there were areas of convergence, but that the divergence happened early on and is immediately distinct.

And my History of the Roman Empire professor was a raging "Gnosticism is the REAL Christianity!!" conspiracy theorist. Sigh. Wasted $1,000 on that class.

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:42 am
Post subject:

Silly zeitgeist, everyone knows that religions weren't designed for social control. Leaders abuse religions for social control. There's a difference. I haven't seen the movie, but I imagine part of the debate on Christianity is the removal of 'Gnostic' texts from biblical canon in order to make the Jesus more diety-based, rather than man-based, in order to use it as a gateway to which religious leaders have the key. Even if that's true (and it probably is, in part) that's still its leaders manipulating the system, rather than an inherently corrupt system. It goes with Jesus' story, after all-- he was a danger to the status quo in life as well as in afterlife. Stick it to the Man, Joshua!

Talking about glaring inconsistencies in the 9/11 story is not something that can be covered in a movie without making it sensationalized. And sensationalizing it turns it into just another nutjob's conspiracy theory, and detracts from real investigation. Of course, any good conspiracy theorist will tell you that those nutjob theories are actually put out there by the government as a smoke screen...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowsprite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:21 am
Post subject:

hmm very interesting all though me personally i wouldent have a point of view on anything i hadent watched myself.

as for the religion part for one thing thats not what they are trying to say in it and for another i think they got the religion part wrong anyway. the point of the relgion part was only to show that man has used things to control the way mass population think for a very long time, even if some of the information was wrong, which is true in a sence, as you get with any organized religion. religion is a man made system to tell ppl the way they should act, which is very different from spirituality.
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:13 pm
Post subject:

it seems to me that certain people recognized early on that most others need something to believe in, especially during the early part of our culture, and some superstitions carried with the religions actually served a purpose other than just superstition.

I don't believe it necessary anymore personally, and I make fun of conspiracy theorists without remorse, unless of course they're the kind that have actually thought about stuff, and they let you get further than the third word of your rebuttle and attempt to counter your argument.

those ROCK
TamAlthor
The Zeppo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:00 am
Post subject:

I like to eat my Ameros with brown sugar and banana slices and if i feel like a spoiling myself 3% milk. Yum.

Ameros the treat with small town, real family values *smile and a little ting sounds as the light reflects off of my teeth*

warning Ameros may cause loss of appetite, depression, thoughts of suicide, smugness, two faceness, intolerance of other cultures or people in general, feelings of isolation, general arrogance, repression of true feelings, paranoia, anal fissures, consult a Financial advisor and see if Ameros is right for you.
"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply..unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments..we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers
-M. S. Peck
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:15 am
Post subject:

So that's where those anal fissures came from! My doctor was totally stumped. Thanks, Tam! :D

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:42 am
Post subject:

One thing i'll say for the Amero. As a coin collector, the prototypes that have floated around unofficially are simply beautiful. Would I want it to replace the decent coins from America? Not really. Would I mourn the loss of the sub-par coins from Mexico? Nope. But would I miss the simply awesome coins put out by the Royal Canadian Mint? You bet your bottom dollar.

Canada and Australia (IMHO) currently produce the finest examples of coins in the world and it would grieve me mortally if RCM had to only make Amero designs.

I don't care if the Euro stabilized the European continent, the coins produced are lack-luster.

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Megaret

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:28 pm
Post subject:

geethu wrote:
People have been talking about the North American Union for many years now. Specifically the NAFTA superhighway for trade purposes and the Amero which would be a currency for Canada, Mexico and the States. Some people believe that there is currently a self inflicted financial collapse in order to expedite the creation of the Amero. If you think the creation of the Amero is absurd, research the Euro, something that was unthinkable in Europe in the mid 80's, which is now a reality.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081106235742AA4XDju
ThrillKillBill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:41 pm
Post subject:

Megaret wrote:
geethu wrote:
People have been talking about the North American Union for many years now. Specifically the NAFTA superhighway for trade purposes and the Amero which would be a currency for Canada, Mexico and the States. Some people believe that there is currently a self inflicted financial collapse in order to expedite the creation of the Amero. If you think the creation of the Amero is absurd, research the Euro, something that was unthinkable in Europe in the mid 80's, which is now a reality.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081106235742AA4XDju

Spectacular find! You roxxxer my soxxxers, Meg!

Ya born alone
Ya die alone
And still we live on
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a vision
But today
it's a b*tch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> Hot Hot Hot All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: