The time now is Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:48 am
View unanswered posts
Heh. Heh. Heh. Emulators/Roms?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:10 pm
Post subject: Heh. Heh. Heh. Emulators/Roms?

I totally just downloaded snes, sega, and playstation emulators.

Super Mario All-Stars, a Sonic Compilation, Super Mario Kart, Kirby, and Diablo have started off my collection.

I'm trying to find entertaining things to do on my home computer, with out internet.

Do any of ya'll use emulators, and if so, what kinds?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:25 am
Post subject:

I use visual boy advance for game boy advaance/color/ds games, zsnes for super nintendo, nesticle for nes. Don't remember which one i used to use fore geneiss. have never been able to get a playsttion emu to work on my computer. getting the right bios and all t hat. So never done that. I'd really like to find a sega saturn emu so I can play my copies of shining the holy ark and dragonforce.
Patrick
Sleepless Sonneteer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:47 am
Post subject:

DOSBOX.

Ir rules the universe.

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:14 am
Post subject:

I've always used snes9x personally, mainly because it has more features, like multiple save states and layer filtering (it makes it so much easier to find treasure chests in the woods when you can make the trees disappear!). Thanks to emulators, I've been able to play all the old Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger (which I actually own, as well), Star Ocean, Link to the Past, Super Metroid (which is definitely my fav SNES game), etc. I've got a folder full of over 600 games, a lot of which are crap, but there are also translated games from Japan that were never released in the US. Literally hundres of hours of fun. And that's just the SNES titles. I used to have a Genesis emu, probably stuck on an old hard drive somewhere, and I have Nesticle for NES games as well. But that's ok if it's lost, because that's what torrents are for!

I haven't tried a PS1 emu yet. Anyone know of a good one?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:08 pm
Post subject:

I use epsxe for PS emulator. I found a really good walk through that linked to the correct plug ins for it, so it was nice. My only problem is that I haven't yet figured out how to set up the memory cards... So I started playing Diablo yesterday and couldn't save it. But I'll either figure it out or just save state, lol!

Also, I use "Fusion" for the sega games... Apparently it's several sega consoles in one, but I personally just use it for the Genesis.

And I use ZNES for the SNES too, but I haven't bothered getting a NES emulator because I just don't really have many games for it I would want to play.

Now, I am off to try to find a Suikoden rom.... I love/miss that game so, so much!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:06 pm
Post subject:

I love Suikoden. I have the original printing of 1,2,3,4, and 5. ONly problem is one is damaged. QQ. Nice game though. Isn't layer filtering cheating? ;; Maybe I will try that playstation emu. Do you know if it only plays roms (well image files) or if you can pop the original disc in the drive? I don't have a lot of roms anymore. I had tons of old roms on my desktop but the motherboard and videocard fried and i wasn't able to salvage the harddrive. I think my favorite genesis game was phantasy star IV though i've always wanted to play vay and popful of mail.
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Post subject:

Rhodric wrote:
I love Suikoden. I have the original printing of 1,2,3,4, and 5. ONly problem is one is damaged. QQ. Nice game though. Isn't layer filtering cheating? ;; Maybe I will try that playstation emu. Do you know if it only plays roms (well image files) or if you can pop the original disc in the drive? I don't have a lot of roms anymore. I had tons of old roms on my desktop but the motherboard and videocard fried and i wasn't able to salvage the harddrive. I think my favorite genesis game was phantasy star IV though i've always wanted to play vay and popful of mail.

I don't know about this one, as it's not something I looked for because I don't have any actual PS games, but I know that some can and supposedly epsxe is one of the best PS emulators around, so I'm going to say "Yes." But don't quote me on that.

And I personally prefer the first two Suikodens, but I will play any version I can get. My download of the first Suikoden rom just finished.... Dun, dun, dun! You think they would notice if I started playing at work??
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:17 pm
Post subject:

Once upon a time I broke up with a girlfriend and two of my friends. Who actually lived in different states teamed up and bought me Suikoden II. Makes me wish I could get dumped more often. I think my favorite is III. Geddoe ftw.
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:06 pm
Post subject:

Quote:
Now, I am off to try to find a Suikoden rom.... I love/miss that game so, so much!

I swear on some stuff that if you are successful in this venture, I will throw money at you to expose your...secrets! cause Suikoden (2) is quite possibly the best game ever. And I don't have it anymore.
='c

I love nesticle! Mike Tyson's punchout FTW
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:42 am
Post subject:

If i let you borrow my copy of 2 will you promise to return it? lol
Caryla
Lily in Winter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 am
Post subject:

I have Suik1 and it works, but I haven't bothered trying to get Suik2 yet, because the first one is my favorite. LOL. So when I finish it, I'll try for 2.
Xinpheld
Bird Man of Alka-Seltzer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:27 pm
Post subject:

Rhodric wrote:
Isn't layer filtering cheating? ;;.

Of course it's cheating. But it's not because I'm lazy or impatient or stupid (much). Mainly it's just that I don't have the time to play games like that the normal way, with time and repetition. If I played like it was actually a console game, I'd never finish. So I help myself along with the mundane stuff that kids staying up all night during their summer vacations wired on Mountain Dew and Doritos have time for. I rarely use walkthroughs unless I'm truly stuck somewhere and don't want to spend hours puzzling it out. No, it's not the best, truest way to play, but it's better than not playing at all, which would be the case if I didn't go this route. So sue me. :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rhodric
Lord of the Morning

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 am
Post subject:

I would sue you Xin, cept I'm up all night wired on mountain dew playing games the traditional way. So no time for that.
Dudde
The Monster at the end of this Post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm
Post subject:

heck yes! me too! Except that mountain dew thing...I stay up til 5 everyday, but I don't usually hop myself up on mountain dew

Quote:
If i let you borrow my copy of 2 will you promise to return it? lol

\ HAAAAAIL YEAAA
with money!
=c
ha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantasy Freaks Forum Forum Index -> The Games We Play All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: